24v kettle

Anyone kind enough to recommend a decent 24v kettle please

They are pants…Get a gas stove and a saucepan/cheap kettle. Tea in 3 mins job done!

+1

Yea they seem to last about six months at most before they pack up working.

what Vern said !!

Oooops :blush:

DAFMAD:

Express Pete:

Trouble I found is not just having a decent kettle, but, the truck the provides the power for it
IIRC they need around 300 watts and not many trucks have that capabilty anymore - as standard
Example Scanias, the newer they got the less watts the 24v socket is rated at
I still have a little 12v and 24v (can switch between the two) kettle, that I have had and used it on and off for a few years. Its small and only boils about one large cupful at a time. Came from Halfrauds iirc. Even that is 280 watts on 24v iirc

Is it legal/normal/safe to drive with a gas bottle in the cab? I don’t mean like a big 15kg calour gas bottle, more the 908 campinggaz bottles.

Milllions of bottles for sale throughout the UK & Europe. I reckon it’s both!

The electric ones take ages and never get the water boiling hot

No Kevin…They don’t! :wink:

The Waeco Mobitherm ones from Roadking are pricey but seem to last quite well, tried the big red ones but they don’t last long. The Waeco ones have a mounting plate that they click on to so they do not roll around the cab. They also have a switch and a light so you can see when it is on, sounds daft but the big red one will boil and cut out until it cools down again, if you miss it boil you never know when it is starting to boil or cooling down. The Waeco will boil a couple of mug fulls in about 8 minutes.

Tarrman:
Is it legal/normal/safe to drive with a gas bottle in the cab? I don’t mean like a big 15kg calour gas bottle, more the 908 campinggaz bottles.

so, if this was true, what about the caravans and motorhomes that have larger gas bottles?

I think it’s about time trucks were fitted with a decent mains inverter as standard, something powerful enough to power a mains kettle.

3 electric kettles including a big red and a waeco, and I now use a gas stove and kettle.

It’s not as easy to carry around, even though the stove is just 1 of those briefcase style ones, but then you’ve got to carry the kettle, and possibly spare gas depending how long you’re out for etc.

I rarely carry it on day / night only work, just if I’m tramping.

On days only, I just drink water / flavoured water, on nights only I make a brew in a thermos cup when I leave, and another at the destination before setting off back, and fuel up at J38 for a free brew

shuttlespanker:

Tarrman:

so, if this was true, what about the caravans and motorhomes that have larger gas bottles?

Fair point :slight_smile:

I bought a good one at Rugby BP truckstop in the 90’s it boiled 2 pints in 6 minutes and lasted for 3 years before I went on Tesco and gave it away to a tramper, just make sure it’s a good make and get a mechanic to fit a high amp 24 V socket because a regular 24V socket will do some damage to the wireing. Don’t for any reason buy a 12V kettle because they take about an hour to boil.

Express Pete:

I got this one mate and it’s bang on! :sunglasses:

amazon.co.uk/YWWH-Kettle-Ltr … 05&sr=8-12

I gave 2 of those a go last year. One never worked from the box brand new. The other melted the plug and lead 1st use.
As I said…PANTS!

redbob:

Express Pete:

I got this one mate and it’s bang on! :sunglasses:

amazon.co.uk/YWWH-Kettle-Ltr … 05&sr=8-12

Same here does a top job (despite being an All-ride product I seem to recall).

I shove it in the actual ■■■ lighter socket. Pretty quick to boil particularly if you start it going before you pull-up, saves faffing around getting the gas stove out. I used to use the gas stove and kettle to boil up water for washing up but use the 24v one more and more now.