20mph speed limit Wales

Just a heads up.
From 17 September across the whole of Wales the default speed limit of 30mph on restricted roads is going to be 20mph. The (inept) Welsh Government say ‘if you see street lights close together assume you are in a 20mph limit unless signs say otherwise’.

The expectation is that Go Safe will be out in force along with the Police.

Regards

Thanks, good to know!

I don’t have a problem with this personally. Countless studies have shown the huge difference in injuries caused to a pedestrian hit by a vehicle travelling at 30mph as opposed to one travelling at 20mph.

Sure I like speed as much as the next person, but there’s a time and a place. Anywhere children may be playing isn’t one of them.

the maoster:
I don’t have a problem with this personally. Countless studies have shown the huge difference in injuries caused to a pedestrian hit by a vehicle travelling at 30mph as opposed to one travelling at 20mph.

Sure I like speed as much as the next person, but there’s a time and a place. Anywhere children may be playing isn’t one of them.

But the problem with this is it doesn’t just apply to residential areas, it applies to ALL current 30 MPH limits in Wales. Also how many accidents are there with pedestrians at 30MPH?

If we follow your screwed up logical thinking to its ultimate conclusion we should go back to having cars that drive no faster than walking speed and with a man with a red flag in front. However given that there were still accidents then then the only solution to keep the handwringing morons like yourself happy is to ban all motorised transport and go back to horse and cart. Oh wait, pedestrians got injured then. So we actually need to ban all modes of transport that isn’t walking.

Prat.

Lol. Everyone knows you’re a ■■■■ Conor, no need to keep highlighting the fact.

Conor:
But the problem with this is it doesn’t just apply to residential areas, it applies to ALL current 30 MPH limits in Wales. Also how many accidents are there with pedestrians at 30MPH? .

I’ll just leave this absolute gem here. It deserves a second read for the sheer stupidity of it if nothing else.

Let’s see how the bus companies deal with this. My local bus the 151 goes via housing Estates.

I love the 20 limits in London.Driving through the densley populated areas at ,when you have intoxicated people liable to step into the road,scooters and bikes with no lights.Its great to know that I can stop it one a sixpence if I have to.I just the cruise at 18.5 to allow for the downward slopes,and then just steer it along,it’s made the job so easy.Also,going through traffic lights with cameras,Ive got more control to avoid getting flashed than if I was tearing through at 40.
As for the areas in Wales where its not needed,so what? Just stick to 20.It reminds me of driving a tractor.I learnt to drive on a tractor

20 mph you say
We don’t do much work into Wales but I may have to ask if we can find some :laughing:
Nice little bonus if your paid by the hour .
Enjoy

[emoji23]

ARAF!

Not sure…

Calling Conor a ■■■■ is allowed?

20 everywhere is just daft and smacks of an ego trip for someone.

Compromise, 25 mph?

London has just announced more 20mph limits in eight boroughs too. transport-network.co.uk/Lon … oads/19105

One thing I realised about London.Once you are inside the m25,28mph to 35mph seems to be enough,even on a 50 mph limit,and all the traffic that passes you,you catch them up at the next set of lights

It’s great if you’re paid by the hour, and customers deliveries will take longer to get there. Plus you won’t be able to make as many deliveries in a 9

WheelsofCardiff:
Let’s see how the bus companies deal with this. My local bus the 151 goes via housing Estates.

And this is the bit that they’ve overlooked. Gridlock the rest of the traffic and your public transport is in there with it.

WheelsofCardiff:

Very rarely I exceed 25mph (not in Wales) to be on guard of car driver chancers. You will always get a good portion of people who will support those initiating an RTC,by criticising the non-fault motorist for not making enough effort. Even bus company managers criticise their drivers when reviewing the footage…“you should of done …you could have done”

peirre:
It’s great if you’re paid by the hour, and customers deliveries will take longer to get there. Plus you won’t be able to make as many deliveries in a 9

The thing is,if you drive from,say,Birmingham to London ,and you bollock it into the centre of London,once you pass the m25.If you count the time saved,you might get there 4 or 5 minutes early.Then you get to the gatehouse and you might wonder why you bothered to rush.You might be queuing behind somebody else.Was it worth burning that extra fuel?
We need to get out of this mad rush mentality that we unecessarily have in this industry.All the drivers seem to be in a mad rush all the time.What for?
I had a Greggs lorry behind me the other morning on the A43 going south into Corby.He was desperate to get past me ,riding on my back bumper.What can the urgency be ,of delivering bread?
Does it make any difference when you have a slice of toast in the morning if that bread got there 5 minutes earlier?
The only urgent things are blood,human organs for transplant

I was surprised how much traffic there was on m4 wales a few weeks ago , you weren’t doing much more than 40/50 most of the time , mostly crawling at 10/15 mph Swansea / cardif etc , rarely from Tenby to Nottingham did I get upto 70/80 mph ,

Hope you had a nice holiday here Dozy!

Contrary to what the Tories are saying, it’s not a blanket 20mph limit. Lots of 30mph zones will remain 30mph. It just looks to be residential areas that will now be 20mph as a default.

They’ve trialled it on the main road I use every day for work for 2 years, and not many people have stuck to it. It’ll be interesting to see how that changes tomorrow now that it has come into law officially. It’ll also be interesting to see how long it takes for the speed camera vans to set up in the 20mph zones.

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk