20cm From Death

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Watch this and post your comments and thoughts…

Do you think the tanker driver is plain careless or he generally did not see the cyclist?

youtube.com/watch?v=2y5RZMAxsjg

Could have been catastrophic… :cry:

you were going to fast on your bike and did not give tanker enough room, just a tip for you allways allow enough room just in case the driver has not noticed you. better still get the bus

LOOKED at the clip and was going to post some thing else but
the Person steering that Tanker must have had his brain in his
rear end,you was very lucky, takecare

:open_mouth: I’m no fan of cyclists as a general rule, but that tanker driver needs his driving licence removed, permanently. :open_mouth:

“This has been reported to the police”.

I hope they give you a lesson in lane management at roundabouts, with the appropriate fine.

Thats about as close as it gets :open_mouth: Didn’t really look like he slowed down for the junction and you cant blame your pillar blind spot because of the direction the cyclist was coming it would have been in plain view. Maybe he was on the phone , not really any excuse for that to be honest. Thing is going round the roundabout i cant even see a brake light so he hasn’t even seen him when he was right next to him. Cyclist probably saved his own life by reacting so quickly.

I HAVE LOOKED AT VID AGAIN YOU ARE GOING TO FAST AND DID NOT ALLOW FOR TANER NOT SEEING YOU. ANOTHER TIP TRY DEFENSIVE RIDING

Both were in the wrong, cyclist nor the tanker slowed down for the Give way line, and both had poor lane discipline…

50/50

Having said that tanker pays, fuel tax, Road tax, Insurance etc, cyclist just thinks he owns the road…

fuse:
you were going to fast on your bike and did not give tanker enough room, just a tip for you allways allow enough room just in case the driver has not noticed you. better still get the bus

:unamused: :unamused: Oh god. What a [zb]ing comment. You were going too fast on your bike.
Now, i was on a cycling forum with Magnatom. He wasnt fast at all. So no, he wasnt going too fast on his bike. The lorry driver just seemed to have not been paying attention or seen him.
Personally, i dont think that Magnatom was looking. When i go around a round about im always checking whats coming to the exits if i can. Magnatom seems to just be looking to where he is going.
I think that Magnatom should have noticed the lorry wasnt slowing down and might have popped out. Infact you can see the lorry coming towards the round about. I would have been keeping an eye on that and if it still wasnt stopping then Given a shout and braked hard. Magnatom just seems to carry on.
Id say he was only doing 17mph, if that.
If it was me then i would have started to brake while entering, kept an eye on the truck(should aready know whats behind you) and braked as it was getting closer, then when it did look like it was going to pull out then been hard on the brakes.
Now im not saying its the cyclists fault, just think he could have handled it better before it got to him being where he didnt want to be.

But the tanker driver should have stopped anyway, and not just kept going.
The tanker was going at a much higher speed then what Magnatom was going.
Not sure what the tanker driver thought the person on the bike was doing, probably going really slow.

By the way, Magnatom is really really easy to wind up. He loves the book called cyclecraft and if anyone wants to know the forum where he and other people of the same type hang out then pm me :wink: :laughing:

Fuse, i probably cant say what i think about you, because it is against the rules, but it sounds like you think everything is the cyclists fault. This obviously isnt.

DadsRetired:
“This has been reported to the police”.

I hope they give you a lesson in lane management at roundabouts, with the appropriate fine.

What are you meaning by this?

I agree with Merc’ that Tanker driver did not even see the cyclist! was he even looking to his right to see if anything was coming ■■
It didnt look like it at all!!! you are very Lucky man matey!!

ok, to me it looks like the tanker didn’t see the cyclist !

but the cyclist was in completely the wrong place on the roundabout, and probably not watching what the tanker was doing ( my driving instructor taught me to treat all other drivers like idiots then you’re not surprised when they do something stupid! )

What is that lane for on the nearside of the bike

fuse:
What is that lane for on the nearside of the bike

Lucky he wasn’t in that lane cos he would be dead because that lorry driver never seen him. You can dress it up all you like lane discipline, defensive cycling the lorry driver is clearly in the wrong.

Guys, just to clear up a point here, it was not me riding. Just a video found on YouTube that was posted recently. I have nothing to do with it.

I personally dont think it has anything to do with speed of the cyclist. You can see the truck still approaching the round about as the cyclist enters it. I think if he had been looking to the right, he would have clearly saw the cyclist. I think its more to do with the speed of the tanker pulling straight out. When you see him approaching, and then on the roundabout, there is hardly enough time gap for him to slow, let alone stop.

JoeG:

DadsRetired:

I’m guessing he means the the bike should have been on the left hand lane as he was going straight across not the right hand lane !! it was poor lane discipline! But it doesn’t excuse the fact that the tanker driver didn’t see him !

Im wondering if the tanker driver is a member :question: :question: we will never know :exclamation: :exclamation:

you shot out from that junction and so did the lorry driver so you are both in the wrong.

My heart went mad when i saw how close the lorry was, i bet you had brown marks in the pants area.

It looks like the roundabout into Ossett from the end of the Mad Mile. Ken? :confused:

Denis F:
ok, to me it looks like the tanker didn’t see the cyclist !

but the cyclist was in completely the wrong place on the roundabout, and probably not watching what the tanker was doing ( my driving instructor taught me to treat all other drivers like idiots then you’re not surprised when they do something stupid! )

If he was going right(looks like he was) then why is he in the wrong lane. Would you not use that lane in your car for going right?
If he is going right, he is in the correct lane. You should never go around the outside of the round about when going left. Not only do car drivers not know, but when you get to the exit straight ahead of you you have cars on your right cutting you up. The most dangerous was to go around a round about.
Treat them like you will drive around them when your on your bike. Its the safest way.
If he was going straight on and used that lane to just chop the round about(did it all wrong if he did) then whats wrong with that if its clear?

Denis F:

JoeG:

DadsRetired:

I’m guessing he means the the bike should have been on the left hand lane as he was going straight across not the right hand lane !! it was poor lane discipline! But it doesn’t excuse the fact that the tanker driver didn’t see him !

He was going straight, from the lane he was in it looked like he was going right