2013....where did YOU get to?

So, as another year draws to a close, where did we all get to this year?? Anywhere hot sunny and exotic and off the beaten track?

I guess the sellers get the distance award, are they still doing M/E through Egypt? The R&R touring chaps must have clocked up some mile this year and got to some interesting places, didn’t some do Albania?? Any pics would be most appreciated as well! :wink:

Cheers all, Bullitt.

I did Albania in '08 bullit! Theres not a lot of money there! (i got plenty of pics to prove it!)

kindle530:
I did Albania in '08 bullit! Theres not a lot of money there! (i got plenty of pics to prove it!)

Yes I remember the diary you did, good stuff! Hot, dusty and very different! :smiley:

What ever happened to the diarys? We used to have some good ones on here?

If i still did the job there would be regular ones from me! euromat did a really big one this year, but tends to post on irishrigs where more people tend to reply. I take my hat off to anyone doing a diary, cos it is bloody time consuming and not easy.

For getting about I had a far better year than 2012, when they canned the race series half way through the season and before we got to do the decent trips and I ended up going to places like Silverstone and Donington park instead.

Had a trip to Budapest and through Hungary and Slovenia into Italy. Although almost all motorway now, unlike last time I went that way. It’s does make it quite a relaxing drive, but I think it was more fun when it was proper old roads and having to do some proper navigation.

Did a couple of trip to the motorland circuit near Alcaniz in Spain, its a state of the art race circuit in the middle of nowhere it seems, but its a great drive into it, did it from Zaragoza first time and Llieda the next time.

Hopefully 2014 will have some more good trips, we now have a full International O’licence, and enough insurance to cover some high value stuff, so hopefully we’ll be pushing that side of the business.

Keep meaning to do a diary, just don’t get organised, well try harder this next year.

I’d like to see more from Euromat, but I can understand why some people don’t want to post interesting stuff on here when you see some of the replies from some of the sad small mined people who seem to frequent this website at times.

2013 saw me cross of my last US states so that I’ve been to all of the lower 48 and all Canadian provinces, I still miss European driving though and I find that nothing over here is even half as interesting as driving in Europe.

I made it East to Varna in Bulgaria, West to Killarney in Ireland, North to The Lake District and South to Barcelona in Spain. Fingers crossed for more adventures in 2014.

Sweden was the furthest for me this year. :smiley:

Furthest east Constanta on the Black Sea Romania.

stopped hear for dinner, cracking food and view. Was my 1st time in romania.

Furthest I got was hodonin in Czech Republic not far from the Slovakian border. Most cities in France, passau Germany a few times and a collection near Bilboa. Furthest north was Nissan Sunderland lol.

chilistrucker:

Like that 3serie scania :smiley:

Reg Danne

Dirty Dan:

chilistrucker:

Like that 3serie scania :smiley:

Reg Danne

It was a cracking motor, and in top condition, better than the horse and carts :slight_smile:

Yeah thats a propper lorry in my eays,flatrof and dobblestacks what more could any one ask for :wink:

I changed jobs 1st of march my first trip was uk to bolyarovo nr jambol bulgaria then back to adoszam hungary then niemodin poland then to szczecin poland ferry to ystad sweden on to vaxjo tip reload then to goteborg ferry to immingham on to stranaer ireland tip then back to uk . and been to mykolayiv ukraine and albacete spain all of the work we do eastern and south east europe .its been a good 10 months for looking around

dominic:
I changed jobs 1st of march my first trip was uk to bolyarovo nr jambol bulgaria then back to adoszam hungary then niemodin poland then to szczecin poland ferry to ystad sweden on to vaxjo tip reload then to goteborg ferry to immingham on to stranaer ireland tip then back to uk . and been to mykolayiv ukraine and albacete spain all of the work we do eastern and south east europe .its been a good 10 months for looking around

Hi Dominic! Thats some nice year you had :smiley:
What company do you work for?And werein växjö did tip and reload?

Reg Danne from Sweden

hi I tip reload at a transport yard.

Ok is that the company that had those green Dafs?

yeah thats right