2 Stupid drivers, 1 good one

, and probably a further 6 - 9 points for failing to stop and report within 24 hours to a Police station of their choice. :unamused: maybe ,

Some of you can make all the excuses you like but it doesn’t change the fact that the driver of the blue lorry was the cause of the accident and in my opinion deserves to lose his HGV entitlement.

OK one car was hogging the middle lane and the other was driving at the side of a lorry, though that car would certainly have been visible to the lorry driver had he been looking what he was doing, none of that excuses the idiot lorry driver tailgating one car then side swiping the other car.

Just another example of the poor hgv driving standards in the uk, how many hgvs have overturned on roads in lets say the last month, i know of 3 which iv been held up in, plus 2 other hgv only incidents. Some drivers are as bad as the idoits you see in cars, of course when your talking to them there the best thing since sliced bread. The fact the driver continued on sums it up for me. F*** everyone else as long as im okay. The driver has no self respect and certainly none for anyone else on the road. On anothet point, just sumthing iv noticed out here, the people teaching other people to drive, how is there any hope when sum1 teaching some1 else hasnt got a clue themselves.

ajt:

Roymondo:
So for failing to drive at or near the maximum permitted speed they are in some way to blame when some brain-dead cretin in a truck decides to change lanes without looking? Give me strength…

What sort of a clown keeps up the inside of a truck? I like my car so stay away from trucks at all costs some though just like to create a risk like the dozy victim here.

Middle lane Muppet. Move the [zb] over!!! That’s what caused the problem !!!

Trucker, well he knew what he was doing, pull into lane one and force a clear bit of carrigeway. Completely lost the plot.

Women, new drivers, tourist on a rented car who had never driven right hand side car, elderly driver. The road is for every one I mentioned, not only truck driver, also the rules are for everyone.
This lorry driver should lose his licence for 1-2 years, total reckless driving in my book.

There’s only one reason a trainer will not have a clue is if he has not been trained himself.
A fully qualified trainer will not talk bollox.
A lorry driver with no training will.

albion1971:
There’s only one reason a trainer will not have a clue is if he has not been trained himself.
A fully qualified trainer will not talk bollox.
A lorry driver with no training will.

+1
You can see by the movement of the truck, the tailgating, the hesitation of the lorry driver while manuverying using left turn signal that something is not OK, he is under stress and in a hurry…bad things bound to happen.

The Driver in the Blue wagon lost track of what was going on, if he was paying attention that should never have happened, even leading up to the collision he should have been doing frequent mirror checks, and paying attention to what was happening on his inside, from his elevated, big mirror position!

If in doubt sit tight!

MickM

rob22888:
The blue wagon who hit the car was being driven by an absolute Grade A bellend who’s HGV license should be revoked.

I couldn’t give a crap whether the guy in the middle lane was lane hogging or not, theres no excuse whatsoever for getting so far up his arse and driving in that manner. He is ultimately to blame for the whole incident and nobody else. See this all to often in these roadwork sections and its a sorry state of affairs, so many dangerously braindead muppets driving trucks :frowning:

Trucker is a idiot we know BUT this incident doesn’t happen if the middle lane hogger moves over. It also doesn’t happen if the car in the inside lane avoids sitting in a vulnerable position.

Problem is too many folk just see black and white instead of the bigger picture…

ajt:
Trucker is a idiot we know BUT this incident doesn’t happen if the middle lane hogger moves over. It also doesn’t happen if the car in the inside lane avoids sitting in a vulnerable position.

Problem is too many folk just see black and white instead of the bigger picture…

The bigger picture is that the lorry driver is supposed to be a professional driver in charge of a large vehicle, the car drivers on the other hand are probably people who’s only interest in driving is to get from A to B.

Even a half decent lorry driver should be able to deal with the lower level of driving skill expected from amateur drivers.

tachograph:

ajt:

The bigger picture is that the lorry driver is supposed to be a professional driver in charge of a large vehicle, the car drivers on the other hand are probably people who’s only interest in driving is to get from A to B.

Even a half decent lorry driver should be able to deal with the lower level of driving skill expected from amateur drivers.

^This

rob22888:

tachograph:

ajt:

^This

Maybe if we got treated as “Professional drivers” by employers and the public Because apart from when some agency wants money from us we all too often aren’t regarded is professional drivers then standards may just improve

Roymondo:
So for failing to drive at or near the maximum permitted speed they are in some way to blame when some brain-dead cretin in a truck decides to change lanes without looking? Give me strength…

As said yes, if they had both been driving at the speed limit of 50mph this accident would of been less likely to of occurred , why ? because as someone else has already explained One wouldn’t of been holding the truck up (middle lane hogger) isn’t that an offence now ? and the other muppet would of quiet possibly been in front or visible from the windscreen of the truck, instead of been sat in probably the most dangerous position that they could,

I have had morons who speed up then slow down again on the inside lane with nothing in their lane ahead of them and no restrictions (road works) there are a lot of Muppet’s that drive cars badly, whether deliberately in an attempt at a crash for cash, or because they are simply oblivious/unaware to what is happening around them

^^^^ I’d go for the oblivious/ unaware option tbh.

Here’s a radical idea that’ll never happen but bear with me; how about RAISING the speed limit in established roadworks sections to 60mph? I realise that you’d still get cars who’d travel seemingly at a speed designed just to ■■■■ lorry drivers off (eg, as they do on smart motorways with a 60 limit active), but maybe it’d help ease the situation a little. Or maybe it wouldn’t help at all.

the maoster:
^^^^ I’d go for the oblivious/ unaware option tbh.

Here’s a radical idea that’ll never happen but bear with me; how about RAISING the speed limit in established roadworks sections to 60mph? I realise that you’d still get cars who’d travel seemingly at a speed designed just to ■■■■ lorry drivers off (eg, as they do on smart motorways with a 60 limit active), but maybe it’d help ease the situation a little. Or maybe it wouldn’t help at all.

Funny you should suggest raising the limit to 60mph in roadworks because it was on the news recently about them doing just that, so it i think will be happening , but as to a time line ■■? some common sense being used at last,
They should only enforce these speed limits when there are actually people working in those roadworks, as you frequently will see some dumb rses slow down to less than 50 when there are only cones on the h/shoulder and no one working or even there or even worse still slow down when the roadworks speed limit is only on the off slip at a junction , because they think the 50mph sign means it applies on the motorway too, :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :smiley:

And yes it will hopefully mean that there are a lot fewer driving at speeds significantly lower than the current 50mph, holding up us “Professionals” in motorway roadworks , as car speedometers usually record a higher value than the actual/real speed unlike vehicles fitted with a calibrated recording device hence the oblivious car drivers driving at speeds between 40-45mph in a 50mph zone that has speed scameras because it has little to do with them (most of them)wanting to drive safely or considerately it’s done purely to avoid a speeding fine/points shame that they are too thick /brain dead (other expletives are available ) to realise that the majority of Professional drivers driving those vehicles known as lorries and coaches fitted with those calibrated speed measuring devices would not willingly risk such penalties for speeding as unlike the majority of them we actually need that licence to earn our living (apparently) So if they see us travelling faster than they are , it should be obvious that they are travelling below that speed limit■■? too complex for them■■? :unamused:
So they should
1, Get tf out of our way, stop middle lane hogging and move to lane 1 let the truck overtake,
2, Advice, don’t remain at the nearside of a lorry in particular near the front/cab when you can avoid doing so
3 never over take(undertake) a lorry on a motorway
4 never sit at the rear bumper or wheels of a lorry/trailer for longer than needed when in lane 2 , or you may end up having brake suddenly
there are many more things that your average motorist does why are they not trained about m/way driving before they are allowed to drive on m/ways??/

Can’t really get a good view of the vid on this bloody phone, but is the offending truck stuck behind a truck middle lane hogger?
If so I reckon he instigated the accident, the rigid was concentrating on him, and not watching his mirrors, and hit the car. I also can not believe he did not feel the impact.
A total ■■■■ in the rigid, same as the middle lane hogger, and the car driver for sitting in his blind spot., and trying to undertake.
If I have got any of that wrong, blame my phone. :blush: :smiley:

robroy:
Can’t really get a good view of the vid on this bloody phone, but is the offending truck stuck behind a truck middle lane hogger?
If so I reckon he instigated the accident, the rigid was concentrating on him, and not watching his mirrors, and hit the car. I also can not believe he did not feel the impact.
A total ■■■■ in the rigid, same as the middle lane hogger, and the car driver for sitting in his blind spot., and trying to undertake.
If I have got any of that wrong, blame my phone. :blush: :smiley:

No, not another lorry , but a CAR , as is normally the case & np

I wouldn’t say the car driver who was hit was undertaking, they were just driving in the left-most available lane at the speed they chose to. Of course running alongside the rigid truck wasn’t the best idea, but most car drivers won’t understand where they can and can’t be seen by the truck’s driver.

anyone got an exact location on this (in googlemaps) I would be interested to put a speed on the vehicles

Glen A9:
I wouldn’t say the car driver who was hit was undertaking, they were just driving in the left-most available lane at the speed they chose to. Of course running alongside the rigid truck wasn’t the best idea, but most car drivers won’t understand where they can and can’t be seen by the truck’s driver.

But that was part of my point , the car drivers should be taught this,when they are learning to drive,& as the law points out, ignorance is no excuse (back at ya! dsa gov) maybe? Not only this but some common sense too should prevail or is that thing called common sense dead & buried these days?

Dear me what is wrong with some people?
Silly question really because it’s all about attitude and understanding.

Car drivers are taught how to drive the same as LGV drivers are taught.
The problem is they do not always do what they are taught.

Car drivers hog lanes. Lorries hog lanes.
Cars tailgate. Lorries tailgate.
And on it goes.
They are as bad as each other.

What some cannot seem to grasp is we are meant to be professionals. No stupid excuses for not being one.
We are meant to be better than the average car driver both in driving and attitude.
I sometimes think the so called professional drivers are the worst offenders and it saddens me to say that.