2 Stupid drivers, 1 good one

Have a look at this news story, and ask yourself, why have standards fallen so low that one HGV Driver, can’t see a car on his N/S, and can’t feel the bump, and why can’t the other see a stationary HGV,

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … k-11085739

100% you would have felt that I’d except there to be a touch of damage on the truck aswell side bar bent, lenses broke etc. I’m putting my trucknet csi hat on here, but it says had been tailgating the Astra for a while. Goes to overtake astra comes up against another car starts to tailgate that for a while. Forgets why he is in that lane looks at his n/s main mirror nothing there and moves across. I reckon that car will have shown in both his blind mirror and kerbside but not in his main mirror.

Some right Cowboys out there.

'Tis the reason why I never hang around in blind spots.

I can see potentially why this happened , Lorry driver was on motorway with a purpose and was probably in a rush to get to a drop (we all know how rsey certain RDC’s are) The driver of the car that got side swiped was driving under the 50mph restriction as was the other plonker in front of him, who he decided to pass using lane one, just before the contact it looks as the astra driver speeds up a little, either that or prick in front of the truck slows down for the AVERAGE speed camera duh!! which ■■■■■■ of lorry driver enough to go for the overtake in lane one (hard shoulder) maybe he forgot about the lemming hovering in or near his blind spot
If that was me in the astra i would of sped up a little so i was in front of the lorry or hit the horn or braked/slowed quickly as soon as i saw his indicator start to flash

interesting that you describe the two drivers doing nothing wrong as “plonker” and “lemming” and yet fail to insult the one driver in the wrong!

Certainly no rush to get to an RDC , that is a livestock transporter , John F Xxxxxxxxx
sounds very similar to Geri from The Spice Girls , but with an E in place of the A :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

del949:
interesting that you describe the two drivers doing nothing wrong as “plonker” and “lemming” and yet fail to insult the one driver in the wrong!

Yeah , because if they had been driving at or very near to the max 50mph the lorry driver probably wouldn’t of been up their asses, or made a dumb manoeuvre If anything all 3 are in some way to blame
lemming and plonker are typical of type of car driver that frequent our motorway network i have seen it far too often, these types often contribute to some accidents , but more often than not they don’t get caught up in them

tommy t:

del949:

Yeah , because if they had been driving at or very near to the max 50mph the lorry driver probably wouldn’t of been up their asses, or made a dumb manoeuvre If anything all 3 are in some way to blame
lemming and plonker are typical of type of car driver that frequent our motorway network i have seen it far too often, these types often contribute to some accidents , but more often than not they don’t get caught up in them

No offence mate but you are seriously talking out your arse.

So for failing to drive at or near the maximum permitted speed they are in some way to blame when some brain-dead cretin in a truck decides to change lanes without looking? Give me strength…

There is no way in hell that the offending driver did not feel that impact. My guess is he felt it, looked in mirror and thought oh **** and carried on up the road.

Roymondo:
So for failing to drive at or near the maximum permitted speed they are in some way to blame when some brain-dead cretin in a truck decides to change lanes without looking? Give me strength…

What sort of a clown keeps up the inside of a truck? I like my car so stay away from trucks at all costs some though just like to create a risk like the dozy victim here.

Middle lane Muppet. Move the ■■■■ over!!! That’s what caused the problem !!!

Trucker, well he knew what he was doing, pull into lane one and force a clear bit of carrigeway. Completely lost the plot.

merc0447:

tommy t:

del949:

Massive +1

ajt:

Roymondo:

What sort of a clown keeps up the inside of a truck? I like my car so stay away from trucks at all costs some though just like to create a risk like the dozy victim here.

Middle lane Muppet. Move the [zb] over!!! That’s what caused the problem !!!

Trucker, well he knew what he was doing, pull into lane one and force a clear bit of carrigeway. Completely lost the plot.

Like some others on here you come across as a lorry driver with a bad attitude.
I just hope you are not one of these big bullies that get others a bad name.

I’m sure I passed that Astra on Monday as it sat there damaged

To use the air safety investigation ■■■■■■■■ way of assessing this:-

At least 2 vehicles, maybe all 3 in this do not have a clear slate in this incident. However. 1 has a large separate sheet of dirt to do with what he did. Prior to that collision , all 3 vehicles were in muddied waters talking safe practice.

It’s not popular and I know from talking to Police friends who fly that the road police way of looking at accidents can find itself rather behind the times and more towards end result - find the culprit and its factors than look at causal etrapolated behaviours, “James reason Swiss cheese” accident models etc.

What the lorry did is a separate and inexcusable act. That is one investigation. A separate study will be the behaviour of all 3 vehicles in the lead up to the act. Can all truly be excised from further behavioural study?

Does one large singular bad act masquerade and dissolve further study of other safety factors? No

Freight Dog:
To use the air safety investigation ■■■■■■■■ way of assessing this:-

At least 2 vehicles, maybe all 3 in this do not have a clear slate in this incident. However. 1 has a large separate sheet of dirt to do with what he did. Prior to that collision , all 3 vehicles were in muddied waters talking safe practice.

It’s not popular and I know from talking to Police friends who fly that the road police way of looking at accidents can find itself rather behind the times and more towards end result - find the culprit and its factors than look at causal etrapolated behaviours, “James reason Swiss cheese” accident models etc.

What the lorry did is a separate and inexcusable act. That is one investigation. A separate study will be the behaviour of all 3 vehicles in the lead up to the act. Can all truly be excised from further behavioural study?

Does one large singular bad act masquerade and dissolve further study of other safety factors? No

+1

Remove any one of the three factors and the collision doesn’t take place.

The blue wagon who hit the car was being driven by an absolute Grade A bellend who’s HGV license should be revoked.

I couldn’t give a crap whether the guy in the middle lane was lane hogging or not, theres no excuse whatsoever for getting so far up his arse and driving in that manner. He is ultimately to blame for the whole incident and nobody else. See this all to often in these roadwork sections and its a sorry state of affairs, so many dangerously braindead muppets driving trucks :frowning:

Remove any one of the three factors and the collision doesn’t take place.

but that doesn’t mean that two of the three are without blame (well possibly the car in front who MAY have been lane hogging)
certainly the Astra driver is blameless.

albion1971:

merc0447:

tommy t:

del949:

Massive +1

… It doesnt matter how big , t-h-a-t , its still plus one + 1 :wink: :wink:

the vid is now on youtube (my browser won’t play stuff on ‘evening news’ site) so i can now add my thoughts to the incident … LOL
youtube.com/watch?v=PmWwFzSGhQo

Maybe the car ‘lane hogging’ had simply got a little confused about using the hard shoulder, a very minor mistake that deserves instant forgiveness, the car that got squished; they should have realised that the tailgating trucker was a complete bell end and as such dropped back as anything might happen, but I guess they have learnt this lesson now.
As for the livestock lorry, 6 points for the tailgating + 6 points for the side swipe.