2 6 day weeks in a row?

Right my firm is relocation about 300m down the road. 2 minute drive away.

Now I currently work Monday to Friday 03:30 til 12:30 daily.

Then I have to work 1 Saturday in every four. (07:00-17:00)

My manager has asked me if I’ll help move the stock on Saturday the 5th oct but I’m also due to work the following Saturday 12th.

I’m 99% sure I can’t help him out as I won’t get enough rest over the 3 week period as it would be 45h/24h/24h/45h weekly rest.

Ill hand it over to the experts see if you lot can fathom anything out?

thelorryist:

My manager has asked me if I’ll help move the stock on Saturday the 5th oct but I’m also due to work the following Saturday 12th.

I’m 99% sure I can’t help him out as I won’t get enough rest over the 3 week period as it would be 45h/24h/24h/45h weekly rest.

On the face of it and to keep you safe I would say its a no go BUT …
… it is possible to do two reduced weekly rests as a one off

What you need to do is to go back to the last time you had 90 hours or more off that included sunday midnight
From that point you need to determine if every weekly rest has included sunday midnight and if it has then you could be onto a winner
From the 90 or more hours off point the weekly rest could be deemed as being at the start of each week so changing it to the end of the week means two reduced weekly rests can be done in a row with one of then not used as a weekly rest for any particular week

Its complicated and requires exact info or you could be in hot water

ADD - if you had 69+ hours off on say a bank holls weekend then that could also make it legally possible looking at your shift pattern

As Rog says . Its a minefield. Just tel the boss no . You have preplaned that weekend … ok you’ll lose 1 brownie point but keeps you out the [zb] pit

Use a truck with an analogue tacho and you’ll be fine.

But!! If relocated and operating centre not changed can you not do more 24’s as away from home base to compensate later■■?

mutley75:
But!! If relocated and operating centre not changed can you not do more 24’s as away from home base to compensate later■■?

There is no home / away difference anymore, that went away in 2006 I think…

As far as I remember though, you CAN do 2 6 day’s back to back as long as it’s a 5 day either side (ie a 45hr rest either side), because week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4… so week 1 45hr, week 2 24hr, week 3 24hr, week 4 45hr, now split those into 2 week blocks, week 1 and week 2, week 3 and week 4… Legal?? I’m sure that’s how it was explained on here a while back and made sense, but I’m going back a LONG time, maybe 4yrs??
■■■■, have I really wasted 4 yrs of my life on here reading the same questions and rants over and over■■? :grimacing:

Just tell him it’s a “cash in hand” day, there’ll be no clocking on or off and no tacho used :slight_smile:

transportsfriend.org/hours/rest.html

4aaaa4dd:
Driver Rest & Break Periods (Daily & Weekly) | Transports Friend

Good link but does not explain in detail how its legally possible to do two reduced weekly rests in row if the previous weekly rests, perhaps looking back over many weeks, allow for that

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:
Driver Rest & Break Periods (Daily & Weekly) | Transports Friend

Good link but does not explain in detail how its legally possible to do two reduced weekly rests in row if the previous weekly rests, perhaps looking back over many weeks, allow for that

he said he does every forth Saturday and was due to do another in two weeks so it must have been two weeks since he did a saturday ? he finishes at 1.30pm on Friday and starts again at 3.30am on a Monday so he,s had more than enough weekly rest in the past two weeks so he can do two reduced weekly rests back to back has long as he takes a min of 45hrs the week following and pays back any reduced break the following two weeks ?

from what I can see is weekly rest pattern till the 12th oct will be 24/45/45/65/24/24/45 the last 45 been the 17th oct then he needs to do two 65hr weekly rests to compensate for the two 24hr reduced…simple ?

4aaaa4dd:
he said he does every forth Saturday and was due to do another in two weeks so it must have been two weeks since he did a saturday ? he finishes at 1.30pm on Friday and starts again at 3.30am on a Monday so he,s had more than enough weekly rest in the past two weeks so he can do two reduced weekly rests back to back has long as he takes a min of 45hrs the week following and pays back any reduced break the following two weeks ?

Weeks 1+2 must have a regular also weeks 2+3 and weeks 3+4 so how does that work if every weekly rest is at the end of each week?

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:

Weeks 1+2 must have a regular also weeks 2+3 and weeks 3+4 so how does that work if every weekly rest is at the end of each week?

?

4aaaa4dd:

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:

?

I assume you are saying that a driver can do weeks … 1 regular, 2 regular, 3 reduced, 4 reduced, 5 regular with each of those used as weekly rests for those 5 weeks ?
If that is what you are saying then its illegal because weeks 3 and 4 do not have a regular

thelorryist:

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … 1111_3.pdf

22-24 are the relevant pages and I would suggest that what you are being asked to do is legally possible. Apart from all the legal jargon there are schematic diagrams which show 2 consecutive weeks with reduced weekly rests, If I understand correctly the wording says any 2 consecutive weeks must have a full weekly rest and in the OP s case the week before the first reduced is a full weekly rest; the week after the second reduced weekly rest is a full weekly rest so this is why I believe it possible.

Whether you want to however is another matter.

Why don’t you ask for the Monday off ,fully paid of course , as you being a good boy and helping the company out blah blah :smiley:

Wiretwister:

thelorryist:

22-24 are the relevant pages and I would suggest that what you are being asked to do is legally possible. Apart from all the legal jargon there are schematic diagrams which show 2 consecutive weeks with reduced weekly rests, If I understand correctly the wording says any 2 consecutive weeks must have a full weekly rest and in the OP s case the week before the first reduced is a full weekly rest; the week after the second reduced weekly rest is a full weekly rest so this is why I believe it possible.

+1

Wiretwister:

thelorryist:

that diagram shows 4 rest periods for 3 weeks but the question remains - which of those was used for each of the weeks?
IF the rest at the start was used for week 1 and IF the rest at the end was used for week 3 then week 2 has two reduced but only needs one - answer the IFs for a definitive

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:

?

I assume you are saying that a driver can do weeks … 1 regular, 2 regular, 3 reduced, 4 reduced, 5 regular with each of those used as weekly rests for those 5 weeks ?
If that is what you are saying then its illegal because weeks 3 and 4 do not have a regular

HE HAD A REGULAR IN 2 SO THAT DOES FOR 3 AND HAS A REGULAR IN 5 ? SO HE CAN HAVE REDUCED IN 4 THIS IS ASSUMING HE HAD SUFFICIENT REST IN THE 3 WEEKS LEADING UP TO WEEKS 3 AND 4 :question: OTHER WISE HE CANT AND YOUR RIGHT IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL…

4aaaa4dd:
HE HAD A REGULAR IN 2 SO THAT DOES FOR 3 AND HAS A REGULAR IN 5 ?

What if the regular in week 2 was used for week 2 as I stated then ■■?

Before giving an answer you must determine what weekly rest was used for each week and a weekly rest can only be used once

ROG:

4aaaa4dd:
HE HAD A REGULAR IN 2 SO THAT DOES FOR 3 AND HAS A REGULAR IN 5 ?

What if the regular in week 2 was used for week 2 as I stated then ■■?

BUT IT WASNT HE,S ALREADY STATED HE ONLY DOES 1 IN 4 SATURDAYS.