1st time in forum and 1st time in artic tommorow

Hi Reef.

great to see you’ve joined us here at TN :smiley:
And good to hear you get on so well with the new toy.
Who are you working for ? Where are you based ?
I’m a south Wales girl too, so who knows, we might bump into each other one day.

Keep smiling :smiley:

■■
Jo

Who are you working for ? Where are you based ?
I’m a south Wales girl too, so who knows, we might bump into each other one day.

No need to ask who you work for “Owens Girl”
I work for John Pearce out of Glynneath… Are there many of us South Welsh using this forum?? And are there any other JP’s also??

Yep, there’s a good handfull of Welshies on here. You could go through the members list if you get bored in the house one day !
See quite a few Pearce lorries about, do you drive the same unit all the time ? What to look for ?

■■
Jo

Owens_girl:
Yep, there’s a good handfull of Welshies on here. You could go through the members list if you get bored in the house one day !
See quite a few Pearce lorries about, do you drive the same unit all the time ? What to look for ?

■■
Jo

Well i’m English by birth but married to a welsh lass and lived near Caerphilly for the past 10 years so do I count?

Wayne.

I’m here :laughing: :laughing:
Based in Ammanford trunking to Brum every night. Leave at 9, so anyone out and about on that route (M4, A449, A40, M50, M5, M6) and see a Palletline double decker give us a wave and pleny of room :laughing:

Home is where your heart is, isn’t it ? Off course you count !
My family roots are Welsh but I was born in Denmark and only moved to Wales 6 years ago. Still haven’t learned how to speak Welsh !
Keep an eye out for a ■■■■ looking S684KCS. She’s not big and she might be dirty, - but she’s my Jolly Jumper :wink:

■■
Jo

Hi all glad i found this site it looks really informative. Im really looking forward to tommorow morning though i must admit i am rather nervous. I passed my test last thursday (1st time too) but i learnt with a 35 foot twin axle flatbed and i will be in a 44 foot tri axle curtain sider tommorow GULP!!! Oh well im sure i will enjoy a bit and then sweat a bit then enjoy a bit and so on…
Well wish me luck…

:slight_smile: Welcome to TruckNet,Reef

Good Luck tomorrow !!

Welcome to TruckNet Reef and good luck for tomorrow.

There is a lot of very, very useful info on here but it often takes some trawling through and finding, so be patient. In the mean time if you want anything answered quickly just post someone will reply.

PS: If your moving from a flat to a curtainsider and never pulled one before the first thing that will strike you is limited your visibility is behind you.

Good Luck :slight_smile: :wink:

1st of all welcome to t/net reef 2nd the smaller the trl the harder the revearse is.so tomorrow your in a 44’ tri-axle the only thing is length.your good enough to pass your test m8 which means you can handle anything good luck and best advise is take your time. :wink:

Welcome reef and good luck

Welcome,
As kit kat said “take your time” & plan your route door to door if possible.
Good luck

Welcome to TruckNet UK Reef and Good Luck :smiley: .

hello reef good luck tomorrow and on your pass

Hi Reef. Congratulations on passing your test and Welcome to TrucknetUK. How did you get on?

Reef:
Hi all glad i found this site it looks really informative. Im really looking forward to tommorow morning though i must admit i am rather nervous. I passed my test last thursday (1st time too) but i learnt with a 35 foot twin axle flatbed and i will be in a 44 foot tri axle curtain sider tommorow GULP!!! Oh well im sure i will enjoy a bit and then sweat a bit then enjoy a bit and so on…
Well wish me luck…

Well how did you enjoy it ? I hope it all went well for you.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Wow thanks for the big welcome guys…
Sorry i havent got back to you sooner but i got thrown in at the deep end and ended up tramping all week and got back sat morning (only to be asked to take trailers back and forth to a company a couple of miles up the road, empties in and full ones out ) They said i would be on locals for a week or so just to get used to it. Well my 1st drop was local…(Swansea) Then local Bloxwich Halesowen leamington spa and by friday morning i was in local newcastle■■? My transport office really should look at a map occasionally lol …
But the long and short of it is I had a bloody brilliant week ( I did sweat a bit on occasion though) I got that trailer into some places i never dreamed i would ( got out of shape a few times too) All in all i think i did well and bosses and customers seemed happy enough too… :laughing:

Well done Reef, pleased your pleased, keep up the good work, drive safely. :laughing: :laughing:

Good read Reef

Best way of learning, deep end and shallow end, you have to get there as soon as you can!

My first class one job was OK, come in monday and one of the lads will show you the ropes and do a few locals.

At 8.30 I was on my way to Immingham to pick a powder tank up for Forfar,

I got home on Saturday after doing Forfar, Felixstowe, Wrexham and Newport.

Been doing it ever since :stuck_out_tongue:

Good one Reef, sounds like your enjoying it as well :wink:. Made for an interesting read did that.