1st time in forum and 1st time in artic tommorow

Well done Reef :smiley:

Reef:
Hi all glad i found this site it looks really informative. Im really looking forward to tommorow morning though i must admit i am rather nervous. I passed my test last thursday (1st time too) but i learnt with a 35 foot twin axle flatbed and i will be in a 44 foot tri axle curtain sider tommorow GULP!!! Oh well im sure i will enjoy a bit and then sweat a bit then enjoy a bit and so on…
Well wish me luck…

Snap :exclamation:

Same thing with me mate,1st time i reversed a curtainsider after i just passed on a flatbed i sat there for 5 minutes and couldnt believe the size of it :open_mouth:

think now its a bit easier :smiley:

but im still learning :wink:

End of week two and all is going well…
Funny thing ive noticed though is the change in attitude from some of the other drivers, There were a few boys at work and although i would say hi to them in passing i would be lucky if i got so much as a grunt for a reply… But now Im “One of them” they will chat all bleedin day given half the chance… Although its nice that im now acknowledged i cant help thinking “hang on im still the same person i was when i just had my class 2”
So i make a point of being the same old me and chat to the class 2 boys and the 7.5 tonne boys and the van boys, After all were all on the same team and its the bleeding office staff that are the problem lol…

Dave L:

but im still learning :wink:

So am I :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing:
Mind you, I’ve only been doing the job for 25 years :laughing: .

I glad you are enjoying it Reef and all is going well for you :smiley: .
I also have a chat with other drivers while waiting to load/unload ect.

When i was a bus driver for first group buses in London 5 year ago, the canteen was kind of split in 3 parts. We would have the old boys sitting together wearing with pride there old London transport blazers before privatisation, then there was the Somalians all sitting together cooking food for each other, not invited to join in if your not one of them, and then there was us who joined after privatisation on much lower pay. Kind of strainge since we were all doing same job and should just get on with each other.