15hr shifts

Hi,can you work as many 15hr shifts as you want a week as long as you stay within your driving hours ■■? Cheers …

No

Nothing against you Sean this is not your fault its the system, this is a prime example (assuming you’ve completed the DCPC) of what is wrong with the one size fits all ■■■■■■■■ of what loosely passes for a driver training/licencing system these days, it simply should not be possible for someone to able to go out on the road so ill equipped with knowledge of the basics.

Maybe this is a wind up but I’ll answer anyway. It’s quite concerning if this isn’t a wind up.

You can work 3x 15hr shifts a week inbetween weekly rest periods. But remember any shift 13hrs+ should be considered as a ‘15’ or as the rest eh us like to call it reduced daily rest.

:confused:

Sean1967:
Hi,can you work as many 15hr shifts as you want a week as long as you stay within your driving hours ■■? Cheers …

if you have split daily rest periods you can work 15 hour shifts every day but otherwise you’re restricted to three reduced daily rest periods (over 13 hour shifts) between weekly rest periods.

Though to be honest, in 2015 I’ve no idea why anyone would want to work 15 hour shifts every day :confused:

You can either do as Tachograph said, have a 3HR uninterrupted break every day, or you could do this

<Weekly rest end (45+)>
Monday 15hrs
Tuesday 15hrs
Wednesday 15hrs
<at least 24 hours off>
Friday 15 Hours
Saturday 15 Hours
Sunday 15 Hours
<Begin Weekly rest (24)>
Tuesday 15 Hours

Surely you learn this stuff when revising for the theory test?!

kevin0410:

I did but I found it difficult to understand until I started working with it, if you get what I mean.

In all my theory tests and practical exams I never had one question about tachographs, driver’s hours our working time.

A.

kevin0410:

No you do not - the theory test covers very little of the regs

If they made initial mod 2 a regs test then they would

ROG is right. The current system is poor and seems to rely on drivers self learning or operators carrying out further training

I’m a DCPC trainer and have been since it all began and I’ll be the first to admit the DCPC system is failing in places. Being able to attend the same course five times, no test, no qualifications for trainers, no proper assessment of trainers etc

My advice to the OP - If it still isn’t making sense after reading the replies on here, find a good DCPC trainer and get on a course. I’m a good one :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :unamused:

you can do 7 20’s if you like just dont get pulled :laughing: :laughing:

burnley-si:
you can do 7 20’s if you like just dont get pulled :laughing: :laughing:

I thought it was 7 x 23 1/4 allowing for lunch :grimacing:

Just remember to put the fuse back in :wink:

trubster:
You can either do as Tachograph said, have a 3HR uninterrupted break every day, or you could do this

<Weekly rest end (45+)>
Monday 15hrs
Tuesday 15hrs
Wednesday 15hrs
<at least 24 hours off>
Friday 15 Hours
Saturday 15 Hours
Sunday 15 Hours
<Begin Weekly rest (24)>
Tuesday 15 Hours

Don’t tell Gregory’s…

Can work 12 calendar day with out rest and get 12 shift for 15 hours each.

Andrejs:

Really? Oh please do explain - I hope it involves putting lots of passenger seats in your vehicle and getting a PSV operators licence

shep532:

Andrejs:

Really? Oh please do explain - I hope it involves putting lots of passenger seats in your vehicle and getting a PSV operators licence

Yes,examply.Week one you work from Monday ,Tuesday,Wednesday from 00.00 till 1500 and Thursday ,Friday Saturday you work same from 0000 till 1500 but just have 3 hours break every day .Full legally Now from Saturday 1500 till Sunday 1500 driver taked 24 hours weekly rest and Sun,Mon,Tue he do 1500 till 0600 and Wed,Thu ,Fri same with splitted rest…So legally 12 working shift for 15 hours each.Yes must keep driving hours under limits and have full weekly rest before and after and taked compensation in next 3 week.

Andrejs:

shep532:

Andrejs:

Yes,examply.Week one you work from Monday ,Tuesday,Wednesday from 00.00 till 1500 and Thursday ,Friday Saturday you work same from 0000 till 1500 but just have 3 hours break every day .Full legally Now from Saturday 1500 till Sunday 15 driver taked 24 hours weekly rest and Sun,Mon,Tue he do 1500 till 0600 and Wed,Thu ,Fri same with splitted rest…So legally 12 working shift for 15 hours each.Yes must keep driving hours under limits and have full weekly rest before and after and taked compensation in next 3 week.

why■■?

Andrejs:

shep532:

Andrejs:

Yes,examply.Week one you work from Monday ,Tuesday,Wednesday from 00.00 till 1500 and Thursday ,Friday Saturday you work same from 0000 till 1500 but just have 3 hours break every day .Full legally Now from Saturday 1500 till Sunday 15 driver taked 24 hours weekly rest and Sun,Mon,Tue he do 1500 till 0600 and Wed,Thu ,Fri same with splitted rest…So legally 12 working shift for 15 hours each.Yes must keep driving hours under limits and have full weekly rest before and after and taked compensation in next 3 week.

exceptionally

tachograph:

Sean1967:

if you have split daily rest periods you can work 15 hour shifts every day but otherwise you’re restricted to three reduced daily rest periods (over 13 hour shifts) between weekly rest periods.

Though to be honest, in 2015 I’ve no idea why anyone would want to work 15 hour shifts every day :confused:

Because they are on £7.00 ph perhaps :smiling_imp: