15 hr shifts

How do drivers do 15 hr shifts when the maximum hours allowed to work is 13 hrs?

Holy cow

happysack:
Holy cow

Not very helpful, but quite funny! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to the modern world of google and not a lot of initiative!

Matt pal, do a bit of research and give a bit of detail/context to what you are actually asking.

For example, where did you get the figure of working a max of 13 hours from? :open_mouth:

Why do you think it’s 13 hour day?

mac12:
Why do you think it’s 13 hour day?

OK, don’t add any detail to help get your query answered…

24 hrs with 11 hr rest break is 13 hrs working.

Anyway im just after some examples of 15 hr shifts as can’t find any. I’ve never done a 15 hr shift

matt28:

Anyway im just after some examples of 15 hr shifts as can’t find any. I’ve never done a 15 hr shift

Don’t forget you can shorten a rest period…

matt28:

I understand what you’re asking now mate…

Are you aware that you can do a reduced daily rest of 9 hours, 3 times a week?

yeah i understand about the reduce break but how would you normally fit a 3 hour break in middle of your shift plus fitting 45 min breaks in aswell? say you started at 6am, 45 min break before 12pm or driving time which ever comes first, then say a 3 hour break after 2 hours driving, that would be 2pm. then start at 5pm till 9pm driving and other work? that ok to do? just a rough guide of how i think of it. 9pm to 6am is 9 hour break.

Evil8Beezle:

matt28:

I understand what you’re asking now mate…

Are you aware that you can do a reduced daily rest of 9 hours, 3 times a week?

3 times between weekly rests not per week
week = fixed week as per the regs

matt28 - the regs state that a driver can do 3 reduced daily rests as little as 9 hours between any 2 weekly rests
A driver may also do a split daily rest of 3 + 9 off in every 24 hours so that means each shift can be a max of 15 hours

Have you read up on the regs :question:

matt28:

15 hours on duty. 9 hours rest.

matt28:
yeah i understand about the reduce break but how would you normally fit a 3 hour break in middle of your shift plus fitting 45 min breaks in aswell? say you started at 6am, 45 min break before 12pm or driving time which ever comes first, then say a 3 hour break after 2 hours driving, that would be 2pm. then start at 5pm till 9pm driving and other work? that ok to do? just a rough guide of how i think of it. 9pm to 6am is 9 hour break.

rest is break as well

start 0600
other work 1.5 hours
drive 4.5 hours
off 3 hours rest/break
other work 1.5 hours
drive 4.5 hours
finish 2100
GO BACK TO start

Do that 6 times in a row if you like

All driving and WTD breaks covered legally

that clears that up, now lead to another question,i see you said drivers can do 15hrs 6days but how if its only 3 times allowed? i ,ay have miss read something somewhere! ha

Did you miss the bit were Rog said 3hrs rest in middle of the 6shifts each time?
3hrs rest +9hrs =split daily rest=total daily rest hrs!!!

Thanks for the correction/slap ROG! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Matt is now in safer hands! :laughing:

matt28:
that clears that up, now lead to another question,i see you said drivers can do 15hrs 6days but how if its only 3 times allowed? i ,ay have miss read something somewhere! ha

a 3 + 9 off = a regular not reduced daily rest

Have you read the regs :question:

yeah that clears it up, jesus i do apologise about that, im still hungover from lastnight, brain function obviously not working. thanks for the info guys :slight_smile:

matt28:

9 hours is the minimum time allowed for rest so that leaves you with 15 hours of working time to fit into that 24 hour period. It confused the hell out of me when I first started because I wasn’t taught that drivers don’t refer to them as a 11 hour rests or 9 hour rests etc, its 15 or 13’s.

Radar19:

matt28:

9 hours is the minimum time allowed for rest so that leaves you with 15 hours of working time to fit into that 24 hour period. It confused the hell out of me when I first started because I wasn’t taught that drivers don’t refer to them as a 11 hour rests or 9 hour rests etc, its 15 or 13’s.

The trouble with referring to the shift lengths is that a driver can do a 13 shift then have 9 off to start 2 hours earlier than the previous shift = reduced daily rest after a 13 shift

a friend of mine starts at 5am and finishes at 8pm every day Mon to Fri. he is parked on a bay between 3 and 6 hrs asleep. I would swap my 12hr shifts 7 days a week with him any time :slight_smile:

what he is doing is splitting his rest every day, doing 15hrs each day.