15 hr shifts

also driving time can be extended from 9 to 10hrs twice in a fixed week 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday. this means that if for example you take your weekly rest on a Tuesday and Wednesday, then you could drive 10hrs Sat, Sun, Mon and Tuesday. while 15hrs is doable, a lot of it has to be other work/poa/rest otherwise you will fall foul of the weekly/fortnightly limits on drive time.

There’s a rolling average 48 hour weekly limit too, isn’t there? On top of the 60 hour maximum working week (excluding rest/POA)?

ORC:
There’s a rolling average 48 hour weekly limit too, isn’t there? On top of the 60 hour maximum working week (excluding rest/POA)?

That is the mobile workers WTD where companies are responsible for overseeing it and where the authorities seem to take no interest in it since it started about 10 years ago

Rig your poa and run bent is the official line .so many innocent public have passed rip

Poa is in duty .don’t listen to the cowboys they just want your license

Sorry for another very green question. From reading this do I correctly understand that the daily rest hours must be taken within 24 hours of your starting on shift? Not just between ending work one day and starting the next

TheTrogFather:
Sorry for another very green question. From reading this do I correctly understand that the daily rest hours must be taken within 24 hours of your starting on shift? Not just between ending work one day and starting the next

That’s not a bad question mate, and while we are both Newbies, I’m going to put my neck on the block and have a stab at it! :wink:

It’s more about dictating your next days start time following a rest, or reduced rest. So the MAXIMUM you can work, and START work the same time the next day is 15 hours.

P.S. Yes mate, that SatNav was tasty, and it’s Ash’s fault! :imp:

TheTrogFather:

Yes you’ve understood correctly, on a single manned journey the daily rest must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, it doesn’t matter if you have 20 hours rest between shifts the only part that will count as the daily rest period is the rest that falls within 24 hours from the start of the shift.

The daily rest period ends either 24 hours from the start of the shift or when you next start work, whichever comes first.
This is very important and has caught a lot of people out in the past.

Example:

Start work Monday 06:00 and finish work 15 hours later at 21:00, then have eleven hours rest before starting work again at 08:00 Tuesday.

On the face of it you’ve had eleven hours rest which is a regular daily rest period, however only nine hour of that rest falls within the 24 hours from the start of the shift at 06:00 (21:00 Monday to 06:00 Tuesday = nine hours) so even though you’ve had eleven hours rest it counts as a nine hour reduced daily rest period.

The last day of the working week is another good example, you may have 45 hours weekly rest but again only the part of the rest period that falls with the 24 hour period counts towards the daily rest period.

For multi-manned journeys where both drivers start work within an hour of each other a nine hour rest period must be completed within 30 hours from the start of the shift.

Great exampled explanation tachograph, aided my clarity! (I think… :smiley:)

Thanks tachograph… I’m sure that’ll save me at least one fine :wink:

Its a reduced daily rest if …

The shift is longer than 13 hours and/or the time off between shifts is less than 11 hours

That is not the official way of saying it but might help - It does not take into account a split daily rest