15 hour duty time

can anyone tell me as the max 15 hours at work changed, only my transport manager tells me its only a guide and not set in stone, he says that I can work longer than 15 hours a day if I have had some long breaks during the day and not gone over my 9/10 hours driving time, is this true.

No it’s not true. I suggest both you and your Tm seek alternative professions :unamused:

OVLOV JAY:
No it’s not true. I suggest both you and your Tm seek alternative professions :unamused:

ended up doing 18.5 hours on friday

A reduced daily rest must be at least 9 hours. If you’ve worked more than 15 hours and there are only 24 hours in a day it’s impossible for you to have 9 hours rest. TM is lying to you and what you’ve been made to do is illegal.

happyone:

OVLOV JAY:

that’s what I thought ended up doing 18.5 hours on friday

Well you can’t blame your Tm for that. You’re responsible for your hours

happyone:

OVLOV JAY:

that’s what I thought ended up doing hours on friday

:open_mouth:

Where were you when tacho hours where done in cpc course ? :unamused:

I bet the DVSA would like to have a chat with your transport admin (manager?) in the near future.

For what it’s worth i’d edit your second post and ask Olvov Jay to do the same, and Robroy, and for crying out loud get to it before anyone else quotes you.

Assuming you werent double manning then your TM is wrong, and previous replies are all correct. If really double manning, look up the relevant hours rules so you know what youre doing in the future. (20 hours before daily break needed).
gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours

happyone:

OVLOV JAY:

Seriously mate?? :open_mouth:
So you thought it was reasonable for them to expect you to do a 18 and a half hour day, and you done it without question. :unamused:

A classic example of why drivers are their own worst enemies, ignorance of rules and regs is no excuse for bloody stupidity. :bulb:

robroy:

happyone:

OVLOV JAY:

Seriously mate?? :open_mouth:
So you thought it was reasonable for them to expect you to do a 18 and a half hour day, and you done it without question. :unamused:

A classic example of why drivers are their own worst enemies, ignorance of rules and regs is no excuse for bloody stupidity. :bulb:

I did question the tm I rang him when I was in the french docks and told him that I had six mins left before my 15 hours were up, he told me that because I I had long breaks during the day whilst waiting for the ferry and when I was on the ferry, and the French police was holding the traffic up that I was okay .

I’m guessing this guy is new and his employer is taking advantage of that. My first shift was 17 hours long, I didn’t know any better, I knew about the driving regs but I wasn’t told anything about the WTD.

It’s legal to go over 15hrs to find a safe place to park…but you’ll struggle to convince the DVSA it took you 3.5hrs to find somewhere safe to park,they’ll allow you an hour as a complete maximum I’d guess,And they’ll overlook this maybe one occasion every 6 months but if it was a regular occurance you’d find yourself in front of the TC.

What we’re dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law :open_mouth: :laughing:

Radar19:
I’m guessing this guy is new and his employer is taking advantage of that. My first shift was 17 hours long, I didn’t know any better, I knew about the driving regs but I wasn’t told anything about the WTD.

he is quite new to the job and it was my first trip abroad , he made it sound applause-able but I should have known better.

Sunday evening?

Hook line sinker?

:grimacing:

tango boy:
What we’re dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law :open_mouth: :laughing:

I’m going home to smack your momma :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

happyone:

OVLOV JAY:

ended up doing 18.5 hours on friday

Well you can’t blame your Tm for that. You’re responsible for your hours

happyone:
I did question the tm I rang him when I was in the french docks and told him that I had six mins left before my 15 hours were up, he told me that because I I had long breaks during the day whilst waiting for the ferry and when I was on the ferry, and the French police was holding the traffic up that I was okay .

Hold on. Hold on a mo!
Are we talking about a split rest period for a ferry movement here?
If so a daily rest period can be interrupted (by up to one hour total) for a ferry movement. And compensated for by adding a couple of hours in.
How about “happyone” please say as exactly as you can remember your start time, driving times, time of arriving on port(s) ferry times etc etc. If we have all the facts we may be able to help you out. Then again we may not, but most of here will try and help.

If I was doing a 15…(all those years ago)

Somewhere around twelve and a half hours, I’d start working out where I could get to and alternatives if it was rammed. Until you’re transporting human organs for transplant, there is NOTHING that important that needs to get there.

Your boss is a schmuck.

tango boy:

Smokey and the Bandit 1? I think…