13.5 hours driving

Going on my first dcpc course tomorrow and want something hard to ask them, about 2 years ago I can remember Coffeeholic on about if you start work at midnight drive for 9 hours so finnish at 10am then have 9 hours off you could then start work again so therefore working 13.5 hours in one day. Can anyone remember the details so I can catch them out.

No. But the cruelest thing to do to a trainer is to say nowt. Nowt at all. Just let him do the talking…for 7hrs.

See how he gets on!

Drivers just cant stfu though. Last one I went on the trainer did about 30-40% of the talking, the rest of the time…time I`d paid for!..drivers were telling their life story.

mac12:
Going on my first dcpc course tomorrow and want something hard to ask them, about 2 years ago I can remember Coffeeholic on about if you start work at midnight drive for 9 hours so finnish at 10am then have 9 hours off you could then start work again so therefore working 13.5 hours in one day. Can anyone remember the details so I can catch them out.

Better one would be to ask if its legal to do this…

After a one week holiday the driver does mon to sat - reduced weekly rest - mon to sat - reduced weekly rest - mon to fri - regular weekly rest

If they say yes its legal then they are correct

cheekymonkey:
No. But the cruelest thing to do to a trainer is to say nowt. Nowt at all. Just let him do the talking…for 7hrs.

See how he gets on!

Drivers just cant stfu though. Last one I went on the trainer did about 30-40% of the talking, the rest of the time…time I`d paid for!..drivers were telling their life story.

DCPC = The new RDC Waiting room bull ■■■■ course.

I did hear the chalking of tyres on my first DCPC course

can’t see that being legal, because you would be going over the max driving time in the given 24 hour period

ROG:

mac12:

After a one week holiday the driver does mon to sat - reduced weekly rest - mon to sat - reduced weekly rest - mon to fri - regular weekly rest

Technically the first Sunday is not a reduced weekly rest, it is a 24 hour break as the weekly rest has already been counted earlier in the week.

I have had enough of DCPC trainers telling me “I am disruptive” just for correcting the BS they come out with.

HOW ON EARTH are so many “Trainers” allowed to continue giving out false information.

shuttlespanker:
can’t see that being legal, because you would be going over the max driving time in the given 24 hour period

What■■? no limit on driving time in a 24 hour period. 9-10 hours per day - (Between daily rest periods), 56 hours a week (Fixed week) and 90 hour a fortnight (2 fixed weeks)

shuttlespanker:

I assume, being a man of your experience, you are having a joke

trubster:

ROG:

Technically the first Sunday is not a reduced weekly rest, it is a 24 hour break as the weekly rest has already been counted earlier in the week.

No it can’t be a break, a break can’t reset the six 24 hour periods, only a weekly rest period can do that.

It’s a reduced weekly rest period but not one that will need compensating for.

shuttlespanker:

OOPS! Here comes another three pages… :unamused:

tachograph:

trubster:

ROG:

No it can’t be a break, a break can’t reset the six 24 hour periods, only a weekly rest period can do that.

It’s a reduced weekly rest period but not one that will need compensating for.

Got it… The magic word is “COUNTED” So the 2nd weekly rest in week 1 is taken but not counted.

The Sarge:

shuttlespanker:

OOPS! Here comes another three pages… :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

That’s what I think the trainer will say

Glad I’m a tipper driver we have it easy!start 06.30/07.00, crack on then go home 16.00/16.30 :wink:

mac12:

Theoretically you could drive for 13½ hours in a calendar day.

If you finish a 9 hour daily driving period at 09:45, have a nine hour rest period until 18:45, then drive for a further 4½ hours before having a 45 minute break, you’ve driven for 13½ hours in a calendar day.

With the times above you still have 45 minutes to play with for vehicle checks and paperwork ec’t.

Though to be honest I can’t see many trainers arguing that it can’t be done.

Every trainer should know that a daily rest period resets the daily driving time.

I got it to 14 + 1/4 hours.

I missed a break. It’s 13.5

mac12:

yes it’s legal, daily rest period resets it :sunglasses: you can do six nights out as well and run in Sunday, so as long as you don’t go over 144 hours HENCE 24 hour REDUCED weekly rest! :laughing: crack on to Macon on Monday morning all bright eyed and bushy tailed driver! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: after drinking all day in the pub, freely disposing of YOUR time! :wink:

Been and wasted a day, but found out that after having 9 hours break you cannot start driving in the same day but you still need 11 hours of even though my example would mean having 14 hours. Also you have to do a printout at the end of each shift because digi cards only store 28 days information and when working for an agency they need to download your card. I know it’s not true but he thinks it is.

mac12:
Been and wasted a day, but found out that after having 9 hours break you cannot start driving in the same day but you still need 11 hours of even though my example would mean having 14 hours. Also you have to do a printout at the end of each shift because digi cards only store 28 days information and when working for an agency they need to download your card. I know it’s not true but he thinks it is.

YOU REALLY NEED TO NAME AND SHAME

mac12:

BULL ■■■■ and BULL ■■■■!!!

Name & Shame, then report to JAUPT and DSA