12v flat screen tv/dvd/freeview

Anywhere online, apart from ebay unless I have to, sell decent branded tv like the above with 15" tv/dvd/freeview for teh £150/£175 mark?? Doesnt seem a problem to get one on eBay but you find with eBay that warrantys are near non existant etc etc…

Maplins, Amazon, Argos, Currys, Comet, Tesco Direct

They all sell 12v tv’s?? I checked Argos, CUrrys and couldnt see anything off hand… If you could throw a few links up I would appreciate it very much and throw you some imaginery beer tokens over :smiley:

I did not read the 12v part :blush:
Why dont you buy an inverter? Not likely to find a cheap 12v TV. With an inverter you can use any tv.

Looks so much tidier when all done neatluy behind the interiorwalls, wil prob end up getting a 240v with a big inverter, cheers.

Seems only Ebay have the cheap 12/24v TVs, Why not get one of those? gotta be a seller that is selling them with a warranty.

I got a 19" dvd freeview/dvd from Currys when i was in Glasgow last year, £190, it was a household one not a 12 volt one i admit, it went in a Super Space Cab Daf, on a proper wall bracket, the wire from the socket ran down the side wall of the cab (hidden up out the way) into a 300 watt inverter that was screwed into the bit that seperates underneath the bottom bunk with bottom rear of the passenger seat. Whenever i wanted the telly on i just flicked the power switch on the inverter and i was away, 300watt was no problem at all and quite happily coped with a PS3 as well as telly.

Ive just noticed hat the sellers selling the cheaper 12v TV’s aren’t actually 12v, there 240v but supplied with inverters. Thats what im going to do myself and save a good few bob.

CHeers.

Hey Kindle thats all im doing as well as doing it that way saves you ££… Infact ive bought a 1000w inverter so that should run teh toaster, microwave, tv etc (I know not all at the same time, but individually)… How did use put up the wall bracket as the interior walls are obviously thin cardbaord, big screws/bolts could be dodgy with going through the metal exterior wall…

I was in Borders bookshop 2 weeks ago, they were doing a small tv with freeview and an s.d. lot .They were about £60.hope this helps you.

Go into tv shops and turn some of the tv’s round and read the label on the back, mine wasnt listed as a 12v tv but it said on label it was, cut plug off and pin the box thing thats on the cable and wire it straight in to 12v…

I bought a normal house wall mounting bracket for 19" telly mate (i believe It was £11 from Currys when i got the TV), in the Super Space Cabs there is a shelf that runs above the passenger door, basically i screwed the bracket into back of TV, sat it on the top of the shelf so it took all the weight, marked where the holes neded to be and stuck a small screwdriver thru the marked spots being careful not to make the holes bigger than the screws that came with the bracket, then fixed it in. As i said, the shelf (storage pocket) takes the weight of T.V and all the bracket has got to do is actually hold the T.V up straight. It sat there with no trouble thru some old Eastern European countries on some bad roads and was solid as a rock. You will have to remember to take it out when the cab gets tilted for servicing thou!
Im not over familiar with the FH layout (its been a few years since ive been in one) so not sure as to where the best way to fix it is as im sure they dont have the shelf above passenger door. At a guess id say if the bottom bunk still doesnt lift up i would fix it at the end of the bed…

Surprisingly, this is the only pic ive got that has the T.V (or at least a very little part of it) in but you get the idea.

Hey Kindle how long could you have your tv on for wiothout draining the batterys for when using the inverter??

I allways made a point of running the engine at least every 2 hrs mate (put cruise control on and put revs up a bit, run it for 20 mis-ish) not sure if that was too much, but ive never had flat batteries, and i used it a lot when i was parked up on TransAm, sometimes id run the PS3 for 4-6 hrs maybe running engine twice in that time.
When i was driving down to Athens regular i had a new XF and would often play my PS2 on the 22hr boat crossing (not allowed down there but used to sneak down when i was shown a secret way) i got so into a game i had i once spent 6 hrs playing it without turning the ignition key and when we arrived in Greece the truck started fine, no probs.
I would say 3-4 hrs wouldnt hurt a motor too much, as long as you dont have everything else on, (interior lights, radio etc)

Yeah cool. Bought a 1000 inverter, tv from Tescos, toaster and a outdoor magnetic aerial and still have change compared to what id have to spend to buy a “12V TV”…

hi mate have a look here there a few

tvs247.com/shop/category.asp?catid=20

Ive always wondered about these freeview tvs, don’t you need a perfect signal to get the channels - can you get all the channels?

I was lying at Belfast Port on Sat with a guy who had a freeview TV and it was good a quality as my sky at home. Bro in law also has freeview and anytime he wants it on just puts aerial out the window and gets signal no probs. This is more or less the reasons behind me gettign one as they WORK.

Check out Tescos, Asda etc a lot of the flat screen 15" -19" tvs have an external power supply, the output from this is usually 12v all you need to do is source a plug of the right size (maplins) and wire this in to your trucks 12v supply.
I purchased one from comet 15" tv/dvd/freeview made a lead up for use in my camper, works great and no battery problems.

Steve

I just bought a 17" flat screen from Tescos so will have a look at it when it comes through.

Cheers.