11 ft 8inch bridge + a slightly taller mixer

This happened today… spot the deliberate mistake.

was it you driving :smiley:

No m8, thank god!

i would say that it didnt happen today because there seems to be rust around the dent :question: :question:

there is rust going across the dent…not around it…thats new metal

looks like bridge paint :frowning:

If thats been hit there then the funnel bit at the back where the mix goes in must be gone unless of course you stopped in time :wink:.

50 mph in a 30 zone :exclamation: 26,000kg of meat :exclamation: :exclamation: and a 4.1m bridge :exclamation: :question: :exclamation: :blush: the driver was said to be OK until the manager got hold of him and then this appeared :laughing: :wink: :laughing:

it says drivers wanted!!

did he sack the driver that told the original driver that he would get under the bridge as he had been that way himself loads of times :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You are the jockey you are responsible, bridge whacking is serious money today the railway companies will take you to town, by law you should know your trailer height which shouldf be displayed in your cab,

i take it thats a container if so the pins on them trailers are strong as hell :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

teddy_0781:
i take it thats a container if so the pins on them trailers are strong as hell :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Its a 45 footer which if you look its only the bit at the front of the pins thats bent up i would imagine if it was a 40 or 20 footer the pins would have maybe given way.

the same company has hit that bridge 4 times :exclamation: in the last two years ( N80 Portlaosie). there is an alternative route but its not sign posted :confused: only local or regular drivers know it. Polish drivers don’t have a very good local knowledge of Ireland and when company’s just hand the keys over and send them out what do they expect. :unamused:

Antony:
Polish drivers don’t have a very good local knowledge of Ireland :

NEVER

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I wonder if the same could be said in Britain;);).

They are so much better than British drivers too what with the better work ethic etc i am amzed this happens… :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink:

although it was a british driver who posted this about hitting a bridge with a cement mixer :laughing:

Antony:
the same company has hit that bridge 4 times :exclamation: in the last two years ( N80 Portlaosie). there is an alternative route but its not sign posted :confused: only local or regular drivers know it. Polish drivers don’t have a very good local knowledge of Ireland and when company’s just hand the keys over and send them out what do they expect. :unamused:

I was reading this bit :laughing:

dennisw1:
although it was a british driver who posted this about hitting a bridge with a cement mixer :laughing:

Point is the polish are no better and no worse, you get bridge strikes no matter what nationality the driver. :slight_smile:

i am shamed to admit it i hit 2 bridges in one week :blush: :blush: :blush:

Was just wondering how this thread got dragged into the “immigrant” thing? I posted it for it’s amusement value, nothing else! Some of you need to get your heads out your arses.

For the record… I wasn’t driving so I don’t know if it was reported or not, don’t care either, not my responsibility.

Don’t misunderstand me I’m not knocking the poles I work with some great lads it’s just they wouldn’t know the way around and bosses in Ireland wouldn’t tell them like I say they had over the keys give you a delivery note and point you at the gate.