Scania fault codes

An old thread but if it helps anyone in the future:

Fault Code 26 equates to the Vehicle Speed Sensor.
Speed signal

Fault: Speed signal absent or implausible.

Cause: No input signal on pin 51, signal shows implausibly high speed, signal frequency is too high or signal voltage level is too low or too high.

Comment: The signal from the tachograph has shown a speed above 150 km/h. Cruise control, hand throttle and idling adjustment do not work. When the fault is active, the control unit uses a pre-programmed speed (15 km/h). The fault code is generated even if a break or short circuit occurs in the cable leading from the tachograph to the control unit. The voltage of the road-speed signal is an internal voltage level of the control unit. It cannot be read with a multimeter.

Action: Check tachograph operation on the chart or while test driving. If the tachograph is working properly, check the wiring between the tachograph and the control unit.

Current circuit, 12 engine: 89
Current circuit, 14 engine: 89

The edc light is on on the 114 I drive,it gives 2 long and 6 short flashes and then stays on,been told its ok to run,just wondering if anybody knows what the fault is,so I can look good when it finally gets into the dealers some time next week :smiley:
Simon :sunglasses:

Ok, Ok, i cant resist, you surely can’t have just the one fault on a Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Try a fuel filter.

Try a volvo

you see the trouble is if this scania dies,I’ve been told its an axor for me :open_mouth: ,I dont deserve that,not so young in life :exclamation:
(fuel filter would be interesting,just came out of a service on thursday morn :confused: )
Simon :sunglasses:

Steve-o:
Try a volvo

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The fault code is fault 26. Have you tried clearing the codes? Hold the edc fault button, count to 5, switch the ignition on, count to 30, everything off and then check it again. I’ve got the fault codes somewhere i’ll go in search in a mo.