Scania edc

Hi All,

iv got a 2003 Scania and the EDC light comes on roughly every 15-20 minutes and then i loose my throttle, i then have to pull over and start the lorry again which solves the problem for another 15-20 minutes, could anyone possible give me some advise??

Thanks

My guess would be that this is caused by damp in the ecu. It was all so much simpler when trucks had a throttle cable. Short of removing the ecu, thoroughly drying it out and sealing it with silicon sealant, I don’t imagine there’s much you can do.

You can retrieve fault codes off a scania via the dash board, then you can go on line for the code info.

The one I drove did exactly that every time I got near the 25Kv overhead lines at railway tracks. Cure was the same as yours. Having said that, Harry’s probably right in your case.

Many moons ago, when we started getting the 4 series rigids in, I got stuck with a Scania Driver Trainer…nice chap, but ever so boring! Anyway, on the way back to the yard, he pulled the little flap down on the dash (circled) and pressed the little rocker switch. Nothing happened for about 20 minutes until we got to the yard…started reversing in to get to fuel pump and iirc, a yellow light flashed up on the dash and all the power went…truck would still tick over but wasn’t responding to throttle input. Limped to the pump, did my bit, restarted it, good as gold! See if the little button has been pushed down…might be that, might not be!

weeto:
You can retrieve fault codes off a scania via the dash board, then you can go on line for the code info.

Ive carryed this out and its coming back with flash code 33 thanks

it could be the exhaust filter

regent garage:

weeto:

Ive carryed this out and its coming back with flash code 33 thanks

33 relates to battery voltage, something similar from 2011.