Better look for a new job, I guess

Last Wednesday I failed my test just 10 minutes in, after pulling out on a roundabout and making another car slow down. I could have kicked myself.

However, after a retest this afternoon I’m pleased to say that I passed my Class 2 with just a single minor!

Now, let the job search commence!

Congratulations. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

bugger.lugs:
Last Wednesday I failed my test just 10 minutes in, after pulling out on a roundabout and making another car slow down. I could have kicked myself.

However, after a retest this afternoon I’m pleased to say that I passed my Class 2 with just a single minor!

Well done!
Sad fact of life that luck plays a huge part on test. You’ll now find that causing cars to slow down at roundabouts is also a fact of life - otherwise you’ll never move from that position.
Proof that you’ve been taught to pass a test, now you’ll learn how to drive.

Good luck [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

ROG:

I’ve been looking forward to getting these @ROG, so thank you [emoji1]

Monkey241:
Well done!
Sad fact of life that luck plays a huge part on test. You’ll now find that causing cars to slow down at roundabouts is also a fact of life - otherwise you’ll never move from that position.

Good luck [emoji6]

Thank you!

It’s definitely going to be a learning curve but I’m looking forward to the challenge

Just take your time… and if you’re not sure of a manoeuvre, get out and look.

Congratulations and we’ll done on passing!
Good luck with your job search.
What type of work are you interested in?

MDW:
Congratulations and we’ll done on passing!
Good luck with your job search.
What type of work are you interested in?

I have no idea for now. I like the idea of getting experience and then maybe getting on some European work, but I very much doubt that’s going to happen for a Class 2, much less a new pass.

I’ve got a couple of family/friends making enquiries at their workplaces and I’ve spent most of the evening on Indeed etc.

I’m in a stable job at the moment and as much as I want to get out on the road, I don’t want to leave this job for something unstable. I know sometimes you’ve got to take a risk but not all risks are worth it

I only passed my test on Monday and my online license has already been updated earlier today, less than 48 hours after doing my test.

I’ve also got my first interview lined up for next week.

I only passed my test on Monday and my online license has already been updated earlier today, less than 48 hours after doing my test.

I’ve also got my first interview lined up for next week.

Congratulations on the pass and all the best with the interview.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

As this is my first proper interview for this career path, what sort of things should I be asking at the interview?

The role is a Monday to Friday tramping position and they’ve said its a week of training followed by a week with a ‘buddy’ before being sent out on my own.

I can’t believe it. My new license has arrived today, after only passing my test late afternoon on Monday.

It’s a shame DVLA can’t be as quick for everything else

bugger.lugs:

I passed my class 1 test today & I did this whilst on my drive. Luckily I had a bloody big trailer behind me which blocked the view for the examiner. I saw it in my mirror & was fully expecting it to be an issue but it wasn’t even mentioned & he was actually very complimentary about my driving…phew :smiley: I think I used up the whole years luck in 1 short moment!!!

Congrats on passing btw :smiley:

You definitely got lucky! But well done on passing anyway

Hopefully you’ll have your license back soon

bugger.lugs:
As this is my first proper interview for this career path, what sort of things should I be asking at the interview?

The role is a Monday to Friday tramping position and they’ve said its a week of training followed by a week with a ‘buddy’ before being sent out on my own.

ask if they pay the fee for overnight-ing at Service Area’s rather than dossing in lay-by’s.

So today I handed in my notice at my current job and will be starting my HGV adventure next week

I’m sad to be leaving my team/colleagues but excited for the future.

So today I handed in my notice at my current job and will be starting my HGV adventure next week

I’m sad to be leaving my team/colleagues but excited for the future.

All the best with it. Enjoy!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete. I’m looking forward to the challenge. Its a week training in the classroom and yard before going out on the road with a buddy for the first week. Then it’s out on my own from week 3

Monkey241:

bugger.lugs:

Well done!

Good luck [emoji6]

Exactly what I was going to say ! Driving tests should be made much more realistic, on a test its a fine line between hesitating and causing an overly fast driver to slow down and we make this judgement call 50 times a day (especially in Essex where its a certainty that you will either hold up a queue or force somebody to slow down !!!