Class 2 pass at PSTT

Hi All,

Been a reasonably quiet member here, but took the plunge and booked up my Cat C/Class 2 training with PSTT for the weekend just gone and had my test on Monday, yesterday.

PSTT base is nearly 200 miles away from me, but I am really pleased I made the effort to travel all the way up there the training and trainer - Helen - were second to none.

PSTT put me up in a nearby B&B/Hotel, like they say they will given the distance I was traveling. This was perfectly adequate (and just over a mile away), although the breakfast times don’t really work with the training times for a compressed weekend course!

I don’t yet know whether I am happy I’ve done the class 2 on its own, or should be p*ssed off I was a little too keen and had I waited a month or two more I could have done class 1 straight away. However having sat in an artic cab over the weekend, I do think there is some merit for doing at least some class 2 stuff first - it is HUGE!

Still, a big +1 for PSTT and particularly for anyone travelling from afar, I really would say it is worth making the effort to go there. All the trainers I interacted with were very pleasant, but Helen did a great job of instructing me from scratch over just two days and telling me off (when needed) without raising her voice once! :slight_smile:

Well done lad!

Well done. Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time pass after just a weekend course! That’s great news! I don’t think you will regret it getting a head start on the rest of us to come.
Have you got any plans to start using it? Sounds like you’re already working something else?

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Congratulations on the pass and all the best for the future.

First time pass after just a weekend course!

Yes, I echo that. But it’s not a great surprise. The weekend course has the same pass rate as a more “spread out” course. It wont suit everybody, but the stats say it certainly suits most!

Good luck all, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Well done mate.

You didn’t have your test in the afternoon by any chance did you?

I started my training there yesterday and they were taking a photo with a lad who had just passed as I was starting.

Cheers

Well done!

I did the same course over a weekend at PSTT a couple of months back and passed on a Monday morning - it suited me down to the ground and I only needed a day off work. I’ve now got the C+E booked in for January!

JJ0063:
Well done mate.

You didn’t have your test in the afternoon by any chance did you?

I started my training there yesterday and they were taking a photo with a lad who had just passed as I was starting.

Cheers

Yup, that would have been me!

Thank you for saying ‘lad’ rather than ‘old git’ :slight_smile:

Thanks all.

No idea if I’m going to start using it, do Class 1 first, move on with current work or whatever… ask me an easier question! :-/

Agree re the weekend course… personally I find more intensive training quite helpful, although it is quite tiring and does need the drive and determination to crack on. Certainly something I’ve found easier as I get older (even if it takes longer to learn stuff).

Actually learning on Saturday/Sunday mornings when the roads are emptier can be quite helpful… although I was pleased it got a bit busier on Sunday afternoon, as it could have been a bit of a shock to the system on Monday early afternoon with more traffic about!