Class 1 at PSTT

After another trip from South Wales up to PSTT for a fantastic week of training, I am pleased to say that I have now passed my C+E test and my licence is in the post! :smiley:

From start to finish, the course was excellent. I was surprised how much I learnt in the space of 4 days, from my first time driving an artic on the roads, on Monday afternoon in the dark, to the morning of the test on Friday, when I felt that I was ready to pass. Getting the reverse and coupling/uncoupling test out of the way on Tuesday was also a big help as they were the rest of the time could be spent on practicing test routes.

My drive on the test was was far from perfect, with a couple of moments on roundabouts that will stick in my mind for a while, but they were only judged to be minors thankfully, and I’ll not be needing to make the trip back for a retest :slight_smile:

For anyone thinking about training with PSTT, I can’t recommend them enough. My instructor Chris Manning-Cox was brilliant and the guys have a great setup, with fantastic trainers and staff that cannot do enough to help!

Good to hear. I’m going straight to C+E training and test from a B licence next month at PSTT. Only heard good things about the place.

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

BedfordJ5:
Good to hear. I’m going straight to C+E training and test from a B licence next month at PSTT. Only heard good things about the place.

Awesome, good luck and enjoy it!

ROG:

Thanks ROG, and thanks for all the information for learners on this forum. It really helped me throughout the process over the last couple of years, so thank you very much for that!

Goff118:
Thanks ROG, and thanks for all the information for learners on this forum. It really helped me throughout the process over the last couple of years, so thank you very much for that!

Many other members contributed to that information - I just put it in one place

Well done OP. :smiley:

Ironically we run a school in South Wales where you are based, but having had the pleasure of visiting PSTT previously I would echo your thoughts; they do have a fantastic set up and well-earned reputation.

BishBashBosh:

Ironically we run a school in South Wales where you are based, but having had the pleasure of visiting PSTT previously I would echo your thoughts; they do have a fantastic set up and well-earned reputation.

Thank you :slight_smile: I was sold on them from the reputation on this forum, and then my experience of doing my class 2 with them last year. Well worth the tank of fuel I believe!

My next step is to try to find some ad-hoc weekend work to get some experience under my belt. I work full time in a non-driving job at the moment so might struggle.

Goff118:

BishBashBosh:

Thank you :slight_smile: I was sold on them from the reputation on this forum, and then my experience of doing my class 2 with them last year. Well worth the tank of fuel I believe!

Absolutely; they say good things come to those who wait (and commute)!

Goff118:
My next step is to try to find some ad-hoc weekend work to get some experience under my belt. I work full time in a non-driving job at the moment so might struggle.

Feel free to PM if you want some pointers - can recommend a couple of local agencies who may be able to help with that.

Thanks! I’ve just sent you a PM.

Congratulations on the pass. Always good to hear!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
Congratulations on the pass. Always good to hear!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Many thanks! All the best.