Agency Question

Hi folks,

Just passed my class 2 test and have a job offer with Booker at £18 an hour. Pay sounds to good to be true and when I said as much I was told the rate of pay was just significantly increased to entice new drivers in due to the current shortage.

I’ve agreed to start work next Monday, however I’ve never worked on agency before and when looking through some agency related posts on here I see folks mentioning to watch out for clauses that could hit your pay packet.

I’m looking for opinions on weather I need to be wary of these or not:

1. You will be responsible for the cost of any Fines received, paid for from wages in the first instance or directed to you for payment.
  2. You will be responsible for the cost of any Training/Certificates paid for from wages in the first instance or directed to you for payment

I’m not overly worried about the second one as I don’t think I’ll need any training and can easily refuse said training if offered. I’m unsure about the first one though, not that I plan on getting any fines or anything but having never driven before and being a new start I honestly have no idea if I’m likely to get fined for something that I’ve not even thought about? Are these pretty standard for agencies?

Thanks for any replies.

Sthryx:
Just passed my class 2 test

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif