Best Sat Nav

Hi,

I’m a fairly new pass Class 2 (Oct)

I’m hoping someone can put me onto the best Truck Sat Nav as low bridges, non access Roads etc still scare me to death!

Any recommendations

Cheers

Tom-tom 6250 I have pretty decent. Surprised its still holding value its been out a good couple years still rtp 300

+1
I’ve got the 6250 as well, never had any problems with it, the lifetime traffic updates were well worth the extra £50 compared to the 6200. The built-in wifi means updating it is a doddle too, no hunting around for the Tomtom supplied cable they claim is so essential :unamused:

I was disappointed to see some features from earlier models had been removed from the OS, the bookmarking of your location into POIs used to be a two second job, now you have to save a point on a map and it’s a chore because it’s not as easy to be as exact as with the previous system.

If you’ve got an old TomTom, you might be eligible for a discount for upgrading, I saved 25% on mine that way.

Tomtom 6250 is probably the best out there as of yet.

If you order from tomtom direct and use the voucher code SCOTT you will get £68.00 discount.

SCOTT has to be in capitals

Consider Sygic Truck app on your phone. In my experience you can muddle through on class 2 with a car sat nav if you are careful, but with artics, especially high curtain-siders or double-deckers, it really is worth your while having proper truck navigation. You may think you know a route, but perhaps that bridge you have been going under for years is 15’5" or something you know. It is all well and good referring to a truck atlas, but the luxury of knowing your route in advance and having the time to properly plan often isn’t there.

The signal is satisfactory on my phone for navigation, but it does say it could be better. This may be my phone’s GPS as opposed to the app by the way.

I use my own navigation even when there is a company sat nav. Who knows what settings the last person has changed, so I just don’t get involved in anything but my own device.

everyone seems to like the TomTom 6250, so I thought I would give that one a go as I know the TomTom as I have the motorbike version for my bike.

so time will tell if I get on with it, the 6inch screen is handy as able to see it clearly.
The only issue I had when setting it up was that after updating to the newest map, the Traffic and speed camera subscription stated it would be ending within 3 weeks, when it should have been lifetime updates.
This though was quickly fixed when chatting to the TomTom customer services via the online chat so I cant fault them for fixing it for me within a matter of minutes.

Thank You to everyone who has replied.

I’ll take a look at all of your recommendations and hopefully find the one for me

Cheers