Hello

Hi all hoping to have my class 2 soon just waiting on dvla for licence back to book theory and cpc 2 as this is all delayed at the moment
I seen i can do the adr course while im waiting as dont need the class 2 to do it
Is it worth it or wait till i got the class 2 ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes, you can do ADR without your licence. You will need photo id though. If you’re interested, we running a socially distanced course starting Monday 22nd June. Total cost £540.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Yes, you can do ADR without your licence. You will need photo id though. If you’re interested, we running a socially distanced course starting Monday 22nd June. Total cost £540.

Hope this helps, Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Where are you based

NG17 3FW

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just a dad:
Hi all hoping to have my class 2 soon just waiting on dvla for licence back to book theory and cpc 2 as this is all delayed at the moment
I seen i can do the adr course while im waiting as dont need the class 2 to do it
Is it worth it or wait till i got the class 2 ?

Do you already have C1 on your licence? - if yes then you can get driver cpc hours from an ADR course
If no then it might be better to wait until you have passed intial driver cpc to get those ADR driver cpc hours

No not got c1 on it will be doing the initial cpc

ADR will qualify for periodic training hours - with most providers but you must check.

So the point ROG is making is that you could consider leaving it until you’ve passed CAT C and MOD 4 (initial driver cpc). You can then complete your ADR anytime in the following 5 years and this will credit you (normally) with 28 hours of periodic training. This leaves you with only 7 hours to do to complete the 35 hours required for a 5 year extension to your driver cpc gained by MOD 4.

The only downside I can see to the plan is that the cost is bound to increase. When, and by how much, who knows?

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers mate yeah might hang fire on it then take advantage of the 28h towards the 35

That makes sense as long as you dont need it for a job. 90% chance it’s a good call.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing: