Class 2 Licence ADR CPC Questions

Hi I am looking to do my C licence (C+E 1 later)
I passed my car test before 1997 so I don’t think I need the module 4 (shame as P Smythe has an offer on)

Would it be a good idea for me to do the full ADR training course now? So it counts towards CPC and hopefully help me find a job (and higher paying job)
I think I would need 1 extra day CPC training.
Or would the ADR be wasted on a new driver?

Thanks in advance.
Richard

richfr:
Hi I am looking to do my C licence (C+E 1 later)
I passed my car test before 1997 so I don’t think I need the module 4 (shame as P Smythe has an offer on)

Would it be a good idea for me to do the full ADR training course now? So it counts towards CPC and hopefully help me find a job (and higher paying job)

Thanks in advance.
Richard

You do have the option of doing initial cpc mods 2 and 4 instead of the 35 hours

Doing anything that gets you a qualification as well as cpc hours has to better than getting nothing from the hours apart from ticking the box to get the DQC

Certain areas of the UK are in higher demand for ADR than others so knowing your location will help

Hi thanks for the reply.
I’m from the North east (not far from Middlesbrough) but really like ■■■■■■■ and would be willing to move.

Hi, I recently passed my Class 2 and did 35 hours periodic CPC/ADR and have landed a permanent full-time position in a matter of a few weeks.

As said above, depends on the demand for ADR in your location. I’m fortunate and have 2 large LPG sites and fuel oil depot all within easy commute.

Funnily enough 1 agency said not much call for ADR
in my area so don’t bother. Glad I did :wink:

Good luck and if you can afford to do ADR then why not.

Don’t forget ADR can cover things like clinical waste etc, so you don’t have to just think oil/gas/chemical products.

ktmkiddy:
Hi, I recently passed my Class 2 and did 35 hours periodic CPC/ADR and have landed a permanent full-time position in a matter of a few weeks.

As said above, depends on the demand for ADR in your location. I’m fortunate and have 2 large LPG sites and fuel oil depot all within easy commute.

Funnily enough 1 agency said not much call for ADR
in my area so don’t bother. Glad I did :wink:

Good luck and if you can afford to do ADR then why not.

Don’t forget ADR can cover things like clinical waste etc, so you don’t have to just think oil/gas/chemical products.

Well done glad it worked out for you.
Will check out locations and demand for the ADR.

richfr:
… Would it be a good idea for me to do the full ADR training course now? So it counts towards CPC and hopefully help me find a job (and higher paying job)

An ADR course can count towards DCPC, but it’s not automatic, so you would need to discuss your requirements with your chosen ADR provider.

When you have that discussion (does your course count towards DCPC?) you then tell the provider that you only want one of the days to count towards DCPC.

Even though you’re doing an SQA accredited ADR course (usually 3.5 or 5 days) DCPC (accredited by JAUPT) treats each day separately, so as long as both sets of rules are complied with… you get to kill two birds with one stone.

richfr:

Depending on geography and demand, an ADR Card can be to your advantage because it could get you offers of work that others in your position and without the card would not get.

As a newbie, an ADR Card can help you up the ladder, so to speak.

To save you some cash in the short term, I’d advise you to leave out the optional ADR Tanker module unless there’s a realistic chance of you being offered tanker work. The tanker module can be added anytime later, in some cases with or without DCPC, and you’re not even tied to the same provider.

ADR covers quite a lot of jobs including pallet networks. If you want a job as a new driver, look for someone who’s a member of the Hazchem network as they’ll need ADR drivers.

Not sure who does it in ■■■■■■■ as was out of there long before getting into driving, but suspect there would be some.

One advantage of ADR is it puts you above new drivers who don’t have it, and since there does seem to be a genuine shortage of people with it (not sure why) it could open doors. Might not get you into tankers initially but all driving experience counts.

If you going Peter Smyth, you could go do the ADR there too as it covers CPC too.

Must admit, its easier to do 5 days CPC instead of trying to book mod 2 if you gave a pre 97 licence unless you already done mod 2. Took me weeks to sort that bit.

As for moving to ■■■■■■■ - what’s did that county ever do for us…beyond quieter life, scenery, no smart motorways, low crime and sheep. :slight_smile:

This is my suggestion for maximum benefit at lowest cost:

Book CAT C with me - £1260 fully inclusive of everything you can think of incl MOD 4 at no charge

Once you’ve passed your MOD 4 you’ll have a cpc for 5 years. Within that 5 year period, you need to complete 35 hours of periodic training. This can be at ANY time in the 5 year period.

Next, book yourself on our ADR course. Regardless of whether or not you pass (but you probably will pass), you will gain 28 hours credit towards the NEXT 5 year period. ie 2024 - 2029.

The next move is to complete your CE with us. This will give you the remaining 7 hours you need to complete the cpc until 2029.

This is in no way “bending” the rules - simply making use of them to maximum advantage.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the reply’s/info guys appreciate it.

Pete I have been in touch with you guys already I really do fancy doing my cat C (then C+E) with you because of reputation and the accommodation offer.

I didn’t realise I could do the mod 4 anyway with my licence having C1(it’s confusing) but if that’s the case I agree your suggestion will be the best most affordable way to go.

So can you confirm this is right.
I need to do my theory test, hazard perception and then CPC case study test.
Then arrange to come to you if I do the offer you have, I am good to go working class C?

I can then do APC whenever I want but prob ASAP.

Thanks Richard

trevHCS:
As for moving to ■■■■■■■ - what’s did that county ever do for us…beyond quieter life, scenery, no smart motorways, low crime and sheep. :slight_smile:

Not sure about the sheep but the rest sounds good :grimacing:
We have lived a quiet live in the country in NW France for a few years and have children so need something similar really.

I need to do my theory test, hazard perception and then CPC case study test.
Then arrange to come to you if I do the offer you have, I am good to go working class C?

Yes, as long as you pass all the tests, you’re ready to go on class C.

Any help you want, just let me know.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: