Operators licence approved but not operating

I’m not saying it can’t de done via self-study, obviously not because it worked for you, but the TMCPC candidates I frequently see are not as fortunate.

As a general rule of thumb about 50% of candidates fail, but there are different ways of crunching the numbers.

For the benefit of those either working towards their qualification, or seriously thinking about it, here’s some statistics for the recent exams from one cohort I know of, based on (i) counting each separate exam as a pass, and
(ii) viewing it in terms of QAR (qualification achievement rate).
Percentages are rounded up or down to the nearest whole number:

Thirteen candidates took 24 exams (two people sitting just one exam each)
Three people passed both exams at the one sitting (25%) (Go you!)
The two candidates taking just one exam each both passed (8%) proving the value of “if at first you don’t succeed…”
Therefore five of the thirteen can now expect their “piece of brown paper”,
This gives 38.5% QAR for the cohort.
Whoo-hoo! Pop the corks on the champagne!

Of the remaining eight candidates:
Three failed both at the one sitting (25%) and come away from their experience with nothing tangible, only some valuable experience (back to the drawing board guys, you can treat yourselves to a pint of shandy for the fact you even tried)

Five candidates took 10 exams between them, each failed one (21%) and passed one (21%). So in terms of QAR, like Bon Jovi these candidates are “halfway there, livin’ on a prayer” (Reward: a nice cold bottle or two of Stella, but “must try harder next time”)