Air Horn Wiring Diagram

Hi Gents.
Wonder if you could help me.
We got one of the lads a new Air Horn.

Asked our fitter to fit it but it appears the drivers lost the instructions! DOH!

Any ideas where I could get instructions for gampro 12v 150db air horn?

Many thanks

Is it not just positive and ground and then an air supply? Could run air supply off a “T” from original horn

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

To be honest, No idea, I just have the fitter saying he cant do it without the instructions :frowning:

Check the manufacturers website, may have downloadable instructions.
Has worked for me in the past.

Roof mounted, or Billy boy train horns.

Roof mounted, most retro fitted use air supply from the seat, and a 24v air solinoid, with a pull cord,…
Might be worth checking as it might be pre-piped for air horns, you would need to have a look in the roof space above headlining,and see if the pipe is there.

Billy boy train horns, T piece into STD airhorn run air pipe to Horns, and cut into the wire for same Horn, splice and solder, shrink tube job done.

Should be no problem for a competent Fitter to put in.
The Gampro 12v does not run off of the Truck air supply but come with a 12v compressor. As long as you have a 24v dropper you just wire Live & Negative from Dropper to 12v Supplied Compressor. Then from compressor to horn there will be a length of air pipe. Plus the switch to operate horn will be wired into the compressor and located in the dash board. Easy peasy to be honest.

fonzi:
The Gampro 12v does not run off of the Truck air supply but come with a 12v compressor. As long as you have a 24v dropper you just wire Live & Negative from Dropper to 12v Supplied Compressor. Then from compressor to horn there will be a length of air pipe. Plus the switch to operate horn will be wired into the compressor and located in the dash board. Easy peasy to be honest.

Why would you want to fit a set of 12v horns and compressor, on a vehicle with a 24v supply and a built in air system… Fitting air horns isn’t difficult, but fitters are, give the fitter £20 and it’s job done.

‘The fitter’ sounds like the trucks go to the dealer for most of the work and this guy spends his time on routine servicing, changing wheels and minor repairs, possibly without the benefit of Texa or similar to look up wiring diagrams, component locations etc etc. Unless they have changed very considerably for the better, voltage droppers are evil things being the source of many electrical troubles. Apart from that everything inside modern vehicles is held in place by hidden flimsy plastic clips which break as soon as you look at them. Given the potential for subsequent issues I wouldn’t touch the job with a barge pole.

biggriffin:

fonzi:

Why would you want to fit a set of 12v horns and compressor, on a vehicle with a 24v supply and a built in air system… Fitting air horns isn’t difficult, but fitters are, give the fitter £20 and it’s job done.

Hahaha I would agree. But it probably cause that model only cost £15.00

Sounds like a bit of tat that a driver would buy and expect me to spend £100 installing it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk