Diesel, LNG, electric or hydrogen powered trucks?

pv83:

dave docwra:
I think we may be looking at fuel alternatives as we move goods at the moment,
I think the whole industry will change in a very short time & it will be towards
electric vehicles, there will be some that will have to use some form of alternative
possibly hydrogen or even back to LPG.

I can see a lot of inter depot trunking along with local drop off areas, where local vehicles
would complete the delivery could be the norm, trunk vehicles could be hot swapped on
trunk routes, a lot of the warehouses that are used these days have massive roof space
to allow for solar panels, also natural gas generators can be used on site with cleaner
enviromental exhaust output which would take some strain off the grid.

I was watching a video the other day where the truck battery pack could be swapped in
fifteen minutes which could possibly allow trunk vehicles to do return journeys.

Cheers for your thoughts Dave, I think we’ll have a mix of either diesel and hydrogen powered vehicles or diesel and electric battery powered vehicles. I just can’t see the diesel engine exiting stage left if you what I mean.

or diesel and electric battery powered vehicles
Yes Patrick a sensible option during this transition period with Scania and Daf already in the game, Electric powered in LEZs and inter city diesel regenerating of the battery pack
daf.co.uk/en-gb/trucks/alte … c-vehicles
scania.com/group/en/home/pr … truck.html
In time and IMHO there will be a way to convert the abundant fossil and mineral fuels cleanly which apart from wind, wave and solar are and will be needed for the increased demand for electricity.
Oily