Saints transport call in the Administrators

Saints transport west Drayton have called in the administrators
thegazette.co.uk/notice/4131054

No more Christmas lights then. For all that don’t know they put lights in there yard at xmas.

is that the saints who had a depot in glasgow/paisley and done a lot of airport work ?.

gingo:
is that the saints who had a depot in glasgow/paisley and done a lot of airport work ?.

Yep think so deffo the one near Heathrow who do air freight

I think they lost the DHL contract at Heathrow a while ago, had that for years & it was probably their bread & butter.

Used to do agency with them years ago, never had a problem with them & the office was always polite & courteous, shame how it’s ending for them.

fingermissing:
No more Christmas lights then. For all that don’t know they put lights in there yard at xmas.

Haven’t had them for some time. The building was demolished in 2018.

gingo:

They have a depot in Paisley just beside the airport . I drive past it on a regular basis as we backload from a warehouse almost beside them . Pity if its true as I met a few of their drivers on the boats over the years always seemed like decent blokes .

It’s always sad when a company, any company goes to the wall. No matter what they were like to work for the company itself was once someone’s dream, something they sweated blood and tears to make happen.

I imagine that the plague had a devastating effect on them, sure everything is (almost back to normal now re air freight) but a couple of years with your whole customer base gone has to devastate your finances and now the damage is done and it’s obviously irreparable.

I hope the staff quickly find alternative employment.

Didn’t Saints used to be the best payers @ £12ph during the olympic buildup about a decade back?

Not surprising they cannot compete anymore, if they are still trying to pay such wages though.

I’ve been getting unsolicited texts from agencies I never even signed up with, offering work at such rates at all the firms that clearly cannot afford to pay more than this…
They dress it up as £14-£16ph, which looks like going rate at first, until you notice that is the LTD rate. :angry:

Winseer:
Didn’t Saints used to be the best payers @ £12ph during the olympic buildup about a decade back?

Not surprising they cannot compete anymore, if they are still trying to pay such wages though.

I’ve been getting unsolicited texts from agencies I never even signed up with, offering work at such rates at all the firms that clearly cannot afford to pay more than this…
They dress it up as £14-£16ph, which looks like going rate at first, until you notice that is the LTD rate. :angry:

They’ve been in trouble for years mate.

Londontrucker123:

Winseer:

They’ve been in trouble for years mate.

There not the only SAINTS in trouble cry

Winseer:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saints were always good payers , my dad drove for them in late 90s early 2000s and was on £120 a day 4 on 4 off . He would spend most shifts parked up at Heathrow/ Gatwick flat out on the bunk .

They had people from all over come down and drive for them and they would be put up in free digs ,it was literally mattresses on the floor in Hounslow.

My dad never saw eye to eye with the bosses son Pieres and always said when he takes over it would go to the wall.

But like moaster said it’s a shame as it’s peoples lives , hopefully the drivers can all walk straight in to another job , I am sure gold star will be taking a bunch on and picking up a lot Saints work .

spike78:
My dad never saw eye to eye with the bosses son Pieres and always said when he takes over it would go to the wall.

How right he seems to have been.

I do feel for the rank and file employees however.

Londontrucker123:

fingermissing:

Haven’t had them for some time. The building was demolished in 2018.

There’s a plant hire company operating out of their now.

spike78:
But like moaster said it’s a shame as it’s peoples lives , hopefully the drivers can all walk straight in to another job , I am sure gold star will be taking a bunch on and picking up a lot Saints work .

Unfortunately so will Mixed Freight.

Londontrucker123:

spike78:

How right he seems to have been.

I do feel for the rank and file employees however.

Who ever takes on the contracts will offer the drivers/wh staff jobs. Nature if air frieght, everyone is currently stuggling up in manchester, no drivers as the firms are still paying ■■■■, and most drivers are jumping ship to join agencies, that are paying 19ph paye.

This news explains why ive not seen as many are manchester or heathrow recently