Containers . 20ft box position

Can I ask the container drivers on here . Do you move the pin for a loaded 20ft or do you keep it set up as a 40ft .

Second week on boxes and pretty much everyone I ask just says they leave it on pin for a 40 box as they don’t see what difference a couple of inch will make .

Thoughts ■■

I always…

Ran it in the 20 foot position because, if anything ever did go wrong, my arse was covered. I did what I was paid to do.

It’s your ship, you do what you feel is right.

yourhavingalarf:
I always…

Ran it in the 20 foot position because, if anything ever did go wrong, my arse was covered. I did what I was paid to do.

It’s your ship, you do what you feel is right.

Same here, only takes a few minutes to change and as said above it covers your arse.

We used to run with 20fts on the 40ft hole regularly when we first got sliders, until we started to find they wouldn’t slide properly. If the 20fts are heavy, the repeated stress bends the (very lightweight, remember) chassis and the pins struggle to disengage. Not worth it in the long run.

If box is loaded always in 20ft position, if box is empty and I knew I was exchanging for a 40ft I would run in 40ft position

Run it in the 40ft (fully extended) position all the time. I don’t believe that messing around shortening the skell by 3 inches will make a difference.

Newer SDC skellies say to run fully extended with 20s and 30s. Even better, the Krone ones we have only have 3 positions, fully extended, fully shortened and a halfway position for 30s.

Always fully extended ,
Only run shrunk when no box on

Empty 20’ or a light one it’s in the 40’ position, anything else it’s moved the miniscule amount to the 20’ position…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
Empty 20’ or a light one it’s in the 40’ position, anything else it’s moved the miniscule amount to the 20’ position…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Exactly that, that small closure puts more weight on the Bogie where you need it on a heavy box