20 million for roadside facilities

20 million to improve roadside facilities for drivers.

gov.uk/government/news/20-m … gv-drivers

Cynical attempt by govt to bury the fact that the MSM have at last started to publicise the inhumane treatment of drivers held for anything up to 24hrs in Operation Brock on the M20.

No food, no water, NO TOILETS. One driver had to be air lifted to hospital after falling down an embankment onto the road below while looking for somewhere to relieve himself.

cav551:
Cynical attempt by govt to bury the fact that the MSM have at last started to publicise the inhumane treatment of drivers held for anything up to 24hrs in Operation Brock on the M20.

No food, no water, NO TOILETS. One driver had to be air lifted to hospital after falling down an embankment onto the road below while looking for somewhere to relieve himself.

Don’t knock it, it’s a start.
If they want to use it to salvage something politically so be it,.that’s how the game works.

Look at the positives instead of focusing on the negatives, this country has done absolutely ■■■■ all for driver’s welfare since all (or most’) of the town truck parks closed down, (and that was between 20 and 25 yrs ago ffs )to the point where some of you use lay bys …as a FIRST option, rather than a last resort. :unamused:

Bring it on, it’s well overdue,.and very welcome imo, whatever the motive or agenda.

All pointless but makes good headlines.
£20mill to improve lighting and security at road side services.
Nothing about building better services or improvements to existing ones…

Unless it’s me why are government funding this spending taxpayers money on better lighting and security.?
Suey moto welcome.break etc should be forced to pay it out out of there own pocket after all they charge £25 a night to park there.
Government should force them pay for it.
If you read down it does say Moto director has said he can’t wait to apply for a slice of the money…the money Moto make they should pay it themselves

edd1974:
All pointless but makes good headlines.
£20mill to improve lighting and security at road side services.
Nothing about building better services or improvements to existing ones…

Unless it’s me why are government funding this spending taxpayers money on better lighting and security.?
Suey moto welcome.break etc should be forced to pay it out out of there own pocket after all they charge £25 a night to park there.
Government should force them pay for it.
If you read down it does say Moto director has said he can’t wait to apply for a slice of the money…the money Moto make they should pay it themselves

I take it back. :blush: :frowning:
A bit quick to jump there,.haven’t read the full article (still haven’t tbh :smiley: ) .did not realise it was all to do with ■■■■ MSAs. :unamused:
Money better spent on roadside parks with facilities like they have abroad.

Problem is government spending 20 mil means 5 mil of “Improvments” and 15 mil of wastage! And even if 20 mill was used efficiently it’s a drop in the ocean

It is a start and a step i nthe right direction. The reality is, for the level of improvlemts you’re looking for, 20 mil isn’t going to go very far.