Owens can't get a driver

Maybe try increasing wages & conditions then kidder :wink:

HGV Class 1 Driver - Days 4 on 4 off Ā£128 per day
HGV CLASS 1 DAY TRAMPER - MON-FRI Ā£36 643
HGV CLASS 1 DAY DRIVER TUES-SAT Ā£10.75 - Ā£13.00 an hour
HGV CLASS 1 NIGHT DRIVER - 4 ON / 4 OFF Ā£ 485 per week

All these on Indeed posted by Owens . Fill your boots. Same old same old . Crap money, Crap hours, Crap facilities in the UK.

If Iā€™ve read it right itā€™s distribution work for the drinks catering sector ?.
Hereā€™s a clue no one wants the job at any wage.
On that note thereā€™s nothing stopping any East Euro drivers already here applying for right to remain. :unamused: :wink:

Owens Group in Carmarthenshire said it had lost 50 drivers who were EU citizens, as they did not meet the new criteria for skilled work visas.

Lol, wot? What does that even mean? They lost drivers they already had or what? Maybe they were LTD but now canā€™t qualify as PAYE :question: :confused:

Another bunch of shysters who were making bank when there was an influx of EE flip-flops happy to work for peanuts, but now most of them have [zb] off back to Romania/Poland theyā€™ve suddenly been slapped hard with a big bag of reality in that no native will work for the rates on offer by them. Tough [zb]! I hope they go bankrupt. Karma is a [zb].

ETS:

Owens Group in Carmarthenshire said it had lost 50 drivers who were EU citizens, as they did not meet the new criteria for skilled work visas.

Lol, wot? What does that even mean? They lost drivers they already had or what? Maybe they were LTD but now canā€™t qualify as PAYE :question: :confused:

God knows :laughing:

Owenski drivers probably sat on the Black Sea beaches now enjoying a nice cold one of the Amber Nectar.
I do concur with DC , they got what they deserved and now no bumski on the seatski .
And save a fortune on side panels and paperwork to write out the bumps and scratches on insurance forms so paper saved , save the planet to keep Gretaski Thunderburgerski happy.

Tarmaceater:
Owenski drivers probably sat on the Black Sea beaches now enjoying a nice cold one of the Amber Nectar.
I do concur with DC , they got what they deserved and now no bumski on the seatski .
And save a fortune on side panels and paperwork to write out the bumps and scratches on insurance forms so paper saved , save the planet to keep Gretaski Thunderburgerski happy.

Funny but true Toby. I bet if they factored in the cost of all the replacement panels and down time it would have cost them more overall than if theyā€™d just offered reasonable money in the first place and used natives.

Or all their drivers are sowing their seeds with the Mayorā€™s daughter !

drover:

ETS:

God knows [emoji38]

Presumably, and I agree it isnā€™t clear, those drivers fail to qualify for ā€œsettled statusā€?

Brexit: What is the EU settlement scheme and how can you apply? | ITV News" itv.com/news/2021-06-01/bre ā€¦ -you-apply

Franglais:

drover:

ETS:

God knows [emoji38]

Presumably, and I agree it isnā€™t clear, those drivers fail to qualify for ā€œsettled statusā€?

Brexit: What is the EU settlement scheme and how can you apply? | ITV News" itv.com/news/2021-06-01/bre ā€¦ -you-apply

:arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED] - BULLY'S TRUCKSTOP BAR (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK :imp:

Was just reading Somerset news, they had to postpone recycling collections around sedgmoor today because of a lack of drivers

Maybe the realities of Brexit are starting to bite?

No more endless pot of drivers

I know for a fact both Asda & royal mail are struggling to get drivers also around Bristol. So itā€™s not just bad pay and conditions.

drover:
Was just reading Somerset news, they had to postpone recycling collections around sedgmoor today because of a lack of drivers

I know for a fact both Asda & royal mail are struggling to get drivers also around Bristol. So itā€™s not just bad pay and conditions.

No itā€™s a crap job with crap hours too much ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  corporate crap no one in their right mind would do it anymore

Places should try paying.more and not working there drivers so hardā€¦
Which will never happen.
There just after publicity and hoping the government will give them help and relax visas paperwork on we workers.
Personally I hope the government donā€™t. Then places will be forced into giving us better terms and conditions.
If the government gets involved and allows we drivers back over to work. Then things will never improve

DCPCFML:

Tarmaceater:

Funny but true Toby. I bet if they factored in the cost of all the replacement panels and down time it would have cost them more overall than if theyā€™d just offered reasonable money in the first place and used natives.

I really donā€™t see it being anywhere near as simple as ā€œNativeā€ = Good Driver and Eastern European = Bad, I thought that stereo type had long gone, along with the one suggesting foreign drivers are any happier driving for crap wages than homegrown ones?

ATJT:

DCPCFML:

Tarmaceater:

I really donā€™t see it being anywhere near as simple as ā€œNativeā€ = Good Driver and Eastern European = Bad, I thought that stereo type had long gone, along with the one suggesting foreign drivers are any happier driving for crap wages than homegrown ones?

The stereotype will never go because itā€™s 100% true and is unlikely to change any time in the future. Iā€™m not suggesting that natives are driving gods - far from it. But the truth is that while 99% are thick as ā– ā– ā– ā– , most manage to bring the truck and trailer back with the same amount of panels it left the yard with, and donā€™t require a wrecker and heavy crane to remove it from getting wedged down a rural ramblerā€™s trail. :laughing:

Funny innit?

TIMMY MARTINā€¦vote to get our country back, and stop immigration. (Apart from barstaff, they should get special visasā€¦)

Owenski can we have more cheap EE drivers on special visas pleaseā€¦

Dyson. Yeah, I can make ventilators for you, but I want special tax treatment for my workersā€¦

ETS:

Doesnā€™t even matter PAYE or Ltd though. If they were already here they could stay here and it had nothing to do with skilled work visas because they didnā€™t need one as they already had pre-settled status if they had applied for it. Even if they didnā€™t if they could prove they had been here before 31st December 2020 they could have stayed.

I suspect the real story is that because of Covid they went back home, saw things had improved and were able to find better jobs over there.

DCPCFML:
Another Tough [zb]! I hope they go bankrupt. Karma is a [zb].

Couldnā€™t agree more! Our lot pay closer to the Owens top rate for pallets + overtime rates, but they are struggling. Some round here pay basically same as Owens except weā€™re no where near Wales
(fairly close to Palletforce).

Its not just the pay. Knackered trucks, trailers and depots which arenā€™t fit for purpose are causing people to come and leave within a week. Head office dont see it or donā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā– . Suspect its the same in all these companies, just waiting for more to sell up to Kinexia and then that to go bump.

As for visas, its not people from the EU they want. There have been several articles hintung tuey want to take people from outside the EU like Turkey as they can pay crap wages again. Even heard one saying they were looking to Africa!

Franglais:

ā€˜ā€˜Of applications with outcomes so far, 53% were granted ā€˜settled statusā€™ and 44% were granted ā€˜pre-settled statusā€™.ā€™ā€™

So with 97% of the applications accepted I find it hard to believe all 50 of their EU drivers were denied status. Unless they were ā€˜importedā€™ only for a month so they (Owen) knew they would fail to qualify so now they (Owen) have something to moan about :unamused:

drover:

Yeah see you got it all backwards. Even with EU drivers there was a ā€˜shortageā€™ but now when they start importing from India, Pakistan, Vietnam you name it, the bottom will fall off. Then it all going to driverless and we all gona be on UC :wink: easy life