M6 to M1

cav551:

Buckstones:

Zac_A:

drover:
Probably over dramatising it for the tv, can’t believe that there’s a weight limit on it, like said it’s not that old.

The haulage company aren’t likely to make an unnecessary detour for the sake of a TV show, if they want to create some fake drama there’s easier ways to do it.

No doubt if someone wants to identify the bridge in question, TNCSI could investigate. :laughing:

channel5.com/show/trucking-heavy

I watched a couple of episodes of this but couldn’t stand the drama queen idiot who does the voiceover, why can’t he just narrate without the over excitement?

Kieran O’Brien

The bit that always got me (and stopped me watching, tbh) was the breathless comments on vehicles, loads, and such, that made absolutely no bloody sense!

It’d go from:
“This heavy load is the same weight as six double decker busses!” And you think ‘Alright I can sort of grasp that idea in my head’

To:
“This titantic tank can carry as much liquid as 120,000 bottles of washing up liquid!” Err… what? What kind of human being sat watching goes ‘Oh yeah I can absolutely imagine a hunner thousand bottles of fairy liquid going into a tank!’ :unamused:

Maybe one day they’ll realise they don’t need to make the program super exciting and high-octane risky and just talk about what’s happening and why it’s sort of mildly interesting to folks?

Oh wait, this is daytime telly. Nevermind! :smiley: