Our Mental Health

robroy:
[

I read stuff and you would think that some were writing in their own private diary, some even implicating themselves in illegal activity…,.I think to myself ‘‘Ffs do these clowns not realise that everyone can read this stuff’’ :open_mouth:

On the other side you get a lot of attention seeking and looking for sympathy on there that I really could not be arsed with.
If people on there are depressed the last thing they need is false pseudo concern and sympathy, it can only make them worse wallowing in it all imo,.what they need instead is help from professionals to prevent the likes of the tragic example you mention concerning that poor little girl.
As for a depressed drivers mental health FB group…I’ve not looked at it, but is it really a good idea?
One for the reason I’ve pointed out,.and two if the wrong, (or right whichever way you look at it) people see it and you end up losing your job.

Yes, I do agree, FB is frequently a pit of questionable excrement, I use it more to talk TM type stuff with other ETMs (people like Acorn), stuff that would usually be too tedious and too out of place for TN.

Re the mental health group, again, yes, I agree, lots of wallowing, lots of oversharing that is being read by god knows who. Not really my cup of tea and as they say “misery loves company” and again as you say it’s not genuine concern, it’s just “internet hugs”, for those that need this kind of thing it could make a positive difference, I suppose, I don’t know.

I do know my way of dealing with life’s problems is probably considered a bit too harsh for the modern world; someone I know was upset over a failed relationship, I gave them a link to a song on Youtube that had been a “lightbulb moment” for me once a very long time ago, and it cheered me up no end, and was in fact the beginning of me sorting my whinging self out. But, it didn’t quite work for them and they didn’t appreciate my suggestion, so afterwards considered me to be a bit of a (insert expletive of choice). However, that same song still cheers me up even now, almost 30 years after I discovered it, and it’s my antidote to feeling down :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=RrKKt6NprVM