Good or bad idea. Tractors to be class C

Fuzrat:
Put tacho’s in them too! I did grain and bale cart for a guy this summer, 40T all up on the grain cart, not uncommon to be starting at half 7 in the morning and going to 1 or 2am the next morning, then going again at 7am with 5hrs off between. Some big old rigs too, I had a 385hp tractor pulling a 20T tipping trailer that did 65kmh.

Lots of 18yr old kids doing it too with pretty much zero experience doing some seriously dangerous stuff. 40T at 65kmh on country lanes and dual carriageways with 18 odd hour days is a recipe for disaster. You guys think the big general haulage planners are bad at pushing the max hours, farmers make them look laid back when they see wheat in the field going to get rained on.

Did 7 weeks, averaged 100hrs a week with just 3 days off in that time. That was “An easy year because we didn’t have weather pressures” With the rare dry summer we didnt have to push as hard or do stuff like turning straw that got rained on before baling.

I’m back on trucks now for a rest :open_mouth: Wont be doing that summer gig again!!!

Sounds fun, hows the money?