Moving on to c+e all booked

Afternoon chaps.
After passing my class 2 just under a year ago and securing a good job ive took the plunge and booked my class 1 today :slight_smile: 12 hours and then my test at the end of feb, had my assessment drive today which went well :slight_smile: good fun to drive
Hard to believe iv gathered enough confidence in a short time to take the step up.
With a new baby due in 4 weeks and test on the horizon herea hoping for a great new year.

Good luck with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I will give you a free trick of the trade, here it is then ; When you need to turn the trailer around in a tight spot, i pull out the lines on the back of the tractor unit, push the shunt button on the trailer, this allows a full turning circle without ripping out all the suzies, leaving the truck stranded with no air for the brakes and no lights to use on the trailer.
At supermarkets, farms, building sites and yards, they tend do leave junk where you need to turn around , it will be skips, old farm machinery, and other junk that can pop your tyres and damage the truck .
Masking tape or Duck tape is handy to patch up holes in the trailer, or for cuts in the trailer curtain, this prevents precipitation ruining the load .
When checking the tyres on the tractor unit on a daily walkaround check, lift up the suspension on the unit, this allows you to see all of the tyre without the mudguards obscuring vision to see the tyre tread condition for nails and cuts or bulges .