Dhl/homebase class 2

Was approched by DHL for some class 2 work, thought I would be delivering big brown boxes, but turns out its orders from HOMEBASE. Manager said, 55hrs average a week,Tuesday to Saturday and I get a helper.
The thing that worries me most is the thoughts of heavy lifting up and down stairs :open_mouth: :unamused: I am not as young as I once was

Anyone done any Class2 work for DHL??

Thanks In Advance

55 hours a week :astonished: are you sure on that?

The answer is obvious.
Say to them maybe interested.
Then provide them with a clear long list of all the ‘duties’ that you’re not prepared to do and make sure it’s in writing together with their answer if it’s agreeable.
Maybe start off with the caveat that you generally take the job of ‘driver’ in the literal sense and any exceptions to the rule are by agreement only.
Call it driver and labourer with a strict demarcation line which starts and ends at the rear end of the load deck and no handball regardless.

carryfast-yeti:

Yes, he said drivers are averaging 55hrs a week… flat week is 45 hrs

If home bases my betting is it will be decking boards to home addresses. And other building stuff.wont be carrying it upstairs as homebase is mostly garden stuff.
Altough I could.be wrong but that’s my guess/opinion

edd1974:
If home bases my betting is it will be decking boards to home addresses. And other building stuff.wont be carrying it upstairs as homebase is mostly garden stuff.
Altough I could.be wrong but that’s my guess/opinion

I looked on thier website and they sell everthing pal. sofas to kitchen units! just dont know if DHL would be doing all thier deliveries… Just not sure. Im working at the minute, thinking of a change but dont want to jump into somthing I will not be happy with.

Bob124:

carryfast-yeti:

is it at Daventry? 48 hours per week.averaged over 17 or 26 weekly period.

carryfast-yeti:

Bob124:

carryfast-yeti:

is it at Daventry? 48 hours per week.averaged over 17 or 26 weekly period.

Ballyclare, Northen Ireland, pal

Would put money on it being delivering the kitchens and bathrooms - I’ve done it on the mainland, 2 man job, flat pack kitchens on pallets which are meant to be stripped down and returned, then up to 3m length worktops, quite a physical job. Days were around 9-10 hours, we were guaranteed 48 hours so sometimes we were at home being paid if there was a good run