DHL Next Contract Carrington

Has anyone worked on the DHL Next contract even at a different depot on the Class 2 Multi drop? If so what are they like to work for and just the usual information if anyone has any??

I’m there on the Class 1 ‘Launch’ at the moment, so talk to a lot of the multi-drop boys.

Basically, you’re delivering big stuff - sofa’s, flat pack furniture etc - to customers houses. 15-30 drops per day depending on the distance.
You’ll have a porter with you, obviously.

DHL are BANG ON with the rules / condition of vehicles etc. Manual entries for time after you get out of the truck, and manual entries for time before you get in the truck.

Anything wrong gets reported, if it happens on the road, you stop and phone, even a bulb.

You’ll do a vehicle check form before you leave the depot that they photocopy, so if anything changes whilst you’re out, you can’t just add it.

They don’t tolerate fools or loud mouths, just go in, say good morning and crack on.

Money isn’t great full time, but it’s good on agency and they keep the agency bods in work

15-30 drops per day JESUS!!
15 i could cope with but 30 is excessive. Ive had an interview for full time work he said its 23k for 48 hours then you get overtime and few other benefits on top. Do you know what the drivers come out with roughly per month?

Whats the class 1 work like is it wagon + drag?

Damo_hall:
15-30 drops per day JESUS!!
15 i could cope with but 30 is excessive. Ive had an interview for full time work he said its 23k for 48 hours then you get overtime and few other benefits on top. Do you know what the drivers come out with roughly per month?

Whats the class 1 work like is it wagon + drag?

I don’t know what the lads earn per month mate, don’t really discuss other peoples wages.

I’m on the artics, hence it’s only temp, there is class 1 wag + drag work there, demounts upto Bellshill, but with delays etc, they’ve been doing some LONG days.

I know that DHL won’t let you reverse the trailer under a box if you’ve got a box on the unit, so you have to drop the trailer box, then drop the trailer, then drop the unit box, then pick the trailer up, then pick up the trailer box, then drop the trailer, then pick up the unit box, then pick up the trailer.
Lot of faffing around IMHO, at B&Q we’d just reverse unit and trailer straight under 2 boxes, get trailer box on, then reposition (usually only a few inches) to get unit box on and bugger off…

They were after Class 1 drivers for the wag+drag but it’s 3 weeks days 3 weeks nights, so I wasn’t interested, can’t do nights anymore.

Was on this contract few years ago total crap imho. Everythingvis customer focused mate if you cant get sofa in a house its crews fault not customer . Expect you to carry stuff upstairs some assembled sideboards weighed in at 96 k could hardly move them . Have to ring customers in advance if not in have to describe house etc as you still have to go. Then planners at help desk are brainless they will ask you to go back to customers even if you 20/30 miles away cos customer was shopping and just got in!!! Stay away m8 my m8 still there and hates it now wants to be away asap. Hope this helps but your choice in the end good luck however .

anders66:
Everythingvis customer focused mate…

That’s shocking, a retail company being customer focused. What is the world coming to these days. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: