pensions

cooper1203:

Franglais:

cooper1203:

Franglais:

cooper1203:
Making contributions to your pension scheme | The Pensions Regulator

Staff earnings

When you work out how much to pay into your pension scheme you need to know what staff earnings to use in your calculation. This will depend on the type of scheme you choose.

If you pay the minimum of 8%, you will need to base your calculation on a specific range of earnings. For the 2022/23 tax year this range is between £6,240 and £50,270 a year (£520 and £4,189 a month, or £120 and £967 a week). These figures are reviewed each year by the government.

Sorry then, I thought you were an employee/a driver, not an employer.

way i read that is that regardless of who pays it on my behalf or if i choose to pay it myself rather than it being deducted at source is if i earnt 120 a week i could choose to pay £6 quid (5%) or £48.34 (40.2%) anything over that assuming the employer is paying the minimum wouldnt be eligable

I really can`t see what you are saying. Reading about employers obligations is not helping you.
You can pay 100% of your annual earnings into an approved scheme, (up to £40k) and get tax relief on it.

Get professional advice.

my point is it doesnt matter who pays the money in the limit is the limit. let me put it this way … i am going on holiday to vietnam in jan i can only take a maximum of 15,000,000 dong in with me in cash. This is 500 pounds it matters not where i got the money from weather i saved it or borrowed it or was given it then maximum is 500 pounds

Coop. You’re absolutely wrong.
What you looked up was a site telling employers what they HAD to pay i.e. minimum 3% of their employees salary until that salary reaches £50,270, then they don’t have to pay anymore.

As Franglais says, you can put 100% of your earnings into a pension, up to £40,000 p.a.
gov.uk/tax-on-your-private-pension

A company could put 40 grand into a director’s pension (claim full tax relief)(would not be taxable benefit on the director) but the company does not have to pay so much by law.