Euro 7 announcement this week

The much delayed Euro 7 rules are planned for release this week, We’ll find out what’s in store for HGV’s as they’re included for the first time ever. europe.autonews.com/environment … tion-month

lancpudn:
The much delayed Euro 7 rules are planned for release this week, We’ll find out what’s in store for HGV’s as they’re included for the first time ever. europe.autonews.com/environment … tion-month

With diesel prices going up now this , better brush of the bridal and brasses for Dobbin as it will be cheaper

The west confirming its determination to destroy itself, whilst the east incl Russia China India etc concentrates on becoming the financial and manufacturing powerhouse.

Has Spectre (the Davos set) worked out yet that the east won’t be taking part in the great reset planned for us in the west.

With HGV’s being included in the new Euro 7 emissions standards I wonder if Elon will make a killing in HGV ZEV credits as he does with other car makers to the tune of $346million per quarter for 2022 :open_mouth: .
Tesla has announced the start of production of the Semi since getting the giga press casting machines in place. The first deliveries of the Semi to customers starts on the 1st December to the Pepsi company. electrive.com/2022/10/07/mu … roduction/

The emission standards have been watered down slightly from the original Euro 7 emission standard proposals. The new Euro 7 emission standard was announced yesterday that will come into effect by 2025, One of the new rules is all new cars will have to be fitted with a ‘digital monitoring of compliance’ feature in them to prevent tampering with emissions, The limits must be respected for up top 200,000 kms & ten years of use of the vehicle. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … and-trucks

lancpudn:
The emission standards have been watered down slightly from the original Euro 7 emission standard proposals. The new Euro 7 emission standard was announced yesterday that will come into effect by 2025, One of the new rules is all new cars will have to be fitted with a ‘digital monitoring of compliance’ feature in them to prevent tampering with emissions, The limits must be respected for up top 200,000 kms & ten years of use of the vehicle. fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … and-trucks

The ‘newest’ vehicle I own is a 13 year old VW Polo TDI which I acquired a few months ago to replace a
Well used 20 year old example of the same model which had got me to and from work for 6 years cheaply and reliably, it was sold to a young agricultural equipment apprentice to get him to and from work as his first car, and I’m sure my latest acquisition will do me for a good number of years as I look after my vehicles but it’s nice to know that the new Euro 7 standards are ‘respected’ for 200,000 miles or 10 years, can’t see EV batteries lasting that long in all honesty.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

The ‘newest’ vehicle I own is a 13 year old VW Polo TDI which I acquired a few months ago to replace a
Well used 20 year old example of the same model which had got me to and from work for 6 years cheaply and reliably, it was sold to a young agricultural equipment apprentice to get him to and from work as his first car, and I’m sure my latest acquisition will do me for a good number of years as I look after my vehicles but it’s nice to know that the new Euro 7 standards are ‘respected’ for 200,000 miles or 10 years, can’t see EV batteries lasting that long in all honesty.

I’ve been reading through some more regulations of the euro 7 standard & there are some doosies in there including regulations for brake abrasion & tyre abrasion limits, As Euro 7 takes effect all newly registered passenger cars must comply with a limit value for brake abrasion. Initially, seven milligrams per kilometre are permitted, then three milligrams from 2035. :open_mouth:

Tyre abrasion. For the first time, the new emissions standard also addresses microplastics, which are produced by tyre abrasion. Testing devices with hermetically sealed wheel arches already exist and are being used in development :open_mouth:

New regulations for BEV battery packs, The proposal of the EU Commission contains specifications on the durability of the battery of electric cars: after five years or 100,000 kilometres, the storage capacity of the battery may not fall below 80 per cent of the original value. After eight years or 160,000 kilometres, the limit is 70 per cent.

Diesel emission limits will be stricter In Euro 7 too, petrol and diesel engines are treated equally for the first time – which means, for example, that from 2025 onwards, diesel engines will have to meet the petrol engine limit of 60 milligrams per kilometre instead of the previous 80 milligrams per kilometre.

so leaving the EU was pointless then

chrisdalott:
so leaving the EU was pointless then

The Brexit propaganda machine was in full flight back then & people couldn’t be ar$ed to read anything past it, Leaving the EU had nothing to do with the UK still being signed up & a fully paid up member of the Paris accord since 2015. The decarbonisation of UK transport & aligning with the EU’s standards was always in the Tories manifesto but you never read anything about it in the press.

The French who were the only EU country to miss it’s renewable energy obligations because it relies on nuclear power are to cover all car parks that have more than 40 parking places with solar panels from next year :open_mouth: todaynewspost.com/auto-news/new … -autoblog/

What do you make of this second reading of a private members bill on diesel particulates?
What strikes me is it doesn’t mention anything about it being just for NEW cars! “A date has been confirmed for the second reading of a new Private Members’ Bill aimed at introducing new regulations for testing the level of particulate matter emitted by diesel engines.”

“As a former Chair of the Select Committee on Education, and in much of my other work, I have always believed in pursuing good, evidence-based policies. On air pollution, the experts and the science are crystal clear. The challenge cannot be overestimated,’ Sheerman said. ‘All diesel vehicles need to be fitted with fully functioning and fully operational diesel particulate filters — DPFs. A DPF captures and stores dangerous emissions. If DPFs are not working and are not checked properly, that is how we get the pollution.”
airqualitynews.com/2022/11/16/p … confirmed/

Are we going to be seeing something like this? “A market ready particulate filter retrofit system for passenger cars to avoid diesel emission is pictured in a garage of German exhaust after treatment technology group Baumot in Witten, Germany.”