Higher weight allowances forTesla Semi

According to the latest news report from Tesla both the USA & EU have approved higher weight allowances of two tons for the Tesla Semi truck & other electric heavy duty lorries when it reaches this side of the pond. electrek.co/2021/08/13/tesla-se … t-crucial/

“With both the U.S. and E.U. having approved higher weight allowances for electric heavy-duty trucks, we expect the payload to be at least as high as it would be for a diesel truck. In the E.U., electric semi trucks are allowed to be 2 tons (~4,400 pounds) heavier than diesel equivalents, and in the U.S. the allowance is 0.9 tons (2,000 pounds). When fully loaded, the Tesla Semi should be able to achieve over 500 miles of range, achieved through aerodynamics and highly efficient motors. This truck will be able to reach an efficiency of over 0.5 miles per kWh.”

I dont see it being an issue for our roads.

I think the bigger issue is how low it is to the ground compared to most modern trucks.

compared to

Might have more torque but feel it could get stuck more easily when going to rural areas. i.e farms.

Looks like Tesla might be getting more allowances for the yank buyers of the Tesla Semi truck! They could be in line for $40000 in incentives off the price of a clean energy commercial vehicle with the new bill :open_mouth: electrek.co/2022/07/29/electric … qus_thread

EU parliament voted in favour of increasing the maximum weight & length of zero emission trucks by four tonnes & keeping that weight limit in place when future battery packs get lighter. EU Parliament wants to allow higher maximum weight for zero-emission lorries | electrive.com

1 Like

It didn’t take the Chinese long to copycat the Tesla Semi, They’ve just released video & specs of a Tesla inspired semi named Windrose with a 960kW charging infrastructure from Borg Warner. Tesla-inspired semi gets 960kW charging from BorgWarner