Tell me some positives , I’m really down about it , not me normally , but really hit me , depressing , I just can’t think of any positives , doesn’t help that the family all seem to want to wrap me in cotton wool .
Daughter rings me to wrap up well when I go for a walk ( it’s summer ) went to wash down upvc facias last weekend & mrs said she’ll pay the bloke who washes the windows to do it ( I’ve always done it )
I guess you have to accept your old & you’ll have to accept help at times , but I’ve always felt strong & independent , 60 seems to be taking that away , everyone seems to think you need looking after , I’m not in the best of health I guess , but I don’t know , I just struggle with it , maybe in time I’ll accept getting old , but it’s hard , or seems to me

dozy:
Tell me some positives , I’m really down about it , not me normally , but really hit me , depressing , I just can’t think of any positives , doesn’t help that the family all seem to want to wrap me in cotton wool .
Daughter rings me to wrap up well when I go for a walk ( it’s summer ) went to wash down upvc facias last weekend & mrs said she’ll pay the bloke who washes the windows to do it ( I’ve always done it )
I guess you have to accept your old & you’ll have to accept help at times , but I’ve always felt strong & independent , 60 seems to be taking that away , everyone seems to think you need looking after , I’m not in the best of health I guess , but I don’t know , I just struggle with it , maybe in time I’ll accept getting old , but it’s hard , or seems to me

On the plus side, you can hit the sherry at 9 in the morning…

dozy:

Now if that was me i would be wondering how i got this far because of lots of reasons
Think yourself lucky a lot of people would leave you behind long ago after reading some of your posts here
Let others make your life decisions

dozy:

Do you feel old? If not politely ignore them all and carry on. You say that you are not in the best of health-get checked out ASAP. It sounds as though you were active so do not give that up. Keep going. I believe that a lot of our well-being is influenced by our attitude to life. I am really quite positive. It sounds as though you have a caring family and that is something positive beyond price.

I am nearly 72 yet feel 16. I have had Prostate cancer and have recurring bouts of skin cancer. But I bounce back and hope to keep going on for ages yet… I truly hope you will too! At 60 you are still a youngster. Best wishes to you.

Happy birthday Ady. We miss you at Stobarts.

Happy 60th doze…and I mean it from the heart of my bottom. :smiley:
Stay lucky mate. :wink:

Everyone ages differently, much of it is in the mind, if you’re miserable maybe you attract miserable company or partners and you can become old before your time, you only have to look at the glass half empty posters here who rarely find a good thing to say about our job, some in their prime give the appearance of being weeks away from drawing their pensions in their outlook on life.

I’m a fair bit older than Dozy but have no intention of growing old in outlook or attitude, being stubborn helps massively by refusing to act your age or conform, keep that sense of the irony of life and your sense of humour at ridiculous most of us really are, take the ■■■■ out of yourself as you see and feel the ravages of time on your body and the sometimes daft things some do to try and camouflage the passage of time (old men without a grey hair to be seen :unamused: ), enjoy your home and social life and your work life too, you may not be able to change your home life if its stale boring or unhappy unless you live alone without massive consequences to many people not just yourself, but you spend a lot of time at work and should change your job or employer and find something more interesting and involving if going to work has become something to dread.

dozy:

Happy Birthday Doze

chin up lad

Happy birthday Adrian .

Happy birthday dozy enjoy your day have a nice meal and a few beers :smiley: :smiley: cheers Ray

Juddian:
Everyone ages differently, much of it is in the mind, .

Exactly, if you want or choose to be old, you’re old.
I was just having this conversation with a mate of mine off here yesterday (who is much older than me :smiley: :grimacing: )
My problem is that in my head I’m still 35, (but I get a rude awakening if I try and jump up on a trailer or something. :slight_smile: )

I’ve known guys who have been ‘old’ since they were 30, not for me.
I still enjoy a good social life, with mates, and my Mrs who is a lfew years younger than me keeps me ‘young’ without being embarrasing :smiley: (as far as I know anyhow :laughing: )

I was out with my son in law and his mate coming back on the bus one night after a ■■■■ up, we got talking to a couple of girls, and I told them we were on a school reunion night, the two lads were ■■■■■■ off when the girls believed me. :smiley: (ok they both had labradors with them :smiley: )
When I start dressing like my Dad, I’m sure my own 2 lads will tell me. :smiley:

Hi dozy move up here to Scotland…you’ll get a free bus pass :grimacing: cheers Ray

Happy birthday Vince and don’t get too drunk there, it’s all their fault.

Free Prescriptions

Cheaper Beer / Entrance prices.

Grandkids love you more than your own kids ever did

Happy 60th

Somebody once said you have to be fit to be old. So hit the road, or otherwise reap a self-fulfilling prophecy. There is no illness that a bit of activity will not be of benefit.

robroy:

Juddian:

When I start dressing like my Dad, I’m sure my own 2 lads will tell me. :smiley:

On the subject of clothes, both the good lady and myself are anti fashion, if it comes into fashion we won’t wear it or sport it…ie she won’t have a pair of matching slugs over her eyes and insists instead on decent eyebrows fit for a woman, as for me nothing beats a decent country check shirt and Harris tweed jacket sometimes coupled with matching waistcoat if its a little nippy out there.
Oh and highly polished boots, none of those branded ugly as sin sports shoes which every mid life crisis bod or budding pensioner looks bloody ridiculous in as they show off amazingly dark brown/black hair courtesy of just for men with not a grey strand to be found :laughing:

Juddian:

robroy:

Juddian:

On the subject of clothes, both the good lady and myself are anti fashion, if it comes into fashion we won’t wear it or sport it…ie she won’t have a pair of matching slugs over her eyes and insists instead on decent eyebrows fit for a woman, as for me nothing beats a decent country check shirt and Harris tweed jacket sometimes coupled with matching waistcoat if its a little nippy out there.
Oh and highly polished boots, none of those branded ugly as sin sports shoes which every mid life crisis bod or budding pensioner looks bloody ridiculous in as they show off amazingly dark brown/black hair courtesy of just for men with not a grey strand to be found :laughing:

You’ve just got to go with what you feel confident and comfortable in Juddian.
Everybody has different tastes, that is what makes us all individual.
If going out I prefer the smart but casual look rather than being a suit and tie man, pair of decent jeans, open neck shirt and maybe jacket with casual shoes…a bit like 'Man from C&A :laughing: (showing my age again) …oh yeh, hair is skin colour all round :smiley:
I seem to spend 6 months of the year in shorts and t.shirt, originating from my European driving days I suppose, the wife says she’s sick of seeing me in shorts…and here’s me thinking I’m giving her a treat. :laughing:
She buys herself nice clothes, but she earns her own money so she can buy what the hell she likes, but she always looks nice anyway,…and never goes out the door with no make up. :unamused: :smiley:

Been downloading Gary Davies Sounds of the 80s shows on a Saturday morning to listen to on the way home, he does a feature thing in the show about 80s pop people turning 60 and 65.

Now I know by the fact how long ago the 80s were that these guys are bound to be knocking on a bit, but you just don’t think of them in that age group…or at least I don’t.
One of my rock heroes Jon Bon Jovi for starters…and then Suggs from Madness,.Jimmy Somerville,.Nick Hayward,.Boy George,.and biggest moment of realisation Kim Wilde ! :open_mouth: …Kim Wilde 60 ffs :open_mouth:
She still looks bloody good for it after saying that,.as she has done all her life. :smiley:
Bloody awful when you realise you’re getting on a bit,.and people you knew when both you and they were young…are now old. :laughing:

Happy 60th, Hey you’ll get the enjoyment of a bowel screening kit & your doctor will now take a lot more interest in your nether regions & dangly bits. :grimacing:

How the hell does Tony Hadley look so young and still has a booming career and Paul Young is ageing well ?
And those Duran boys looking youthful.