You're Joking ?

As said already just talking to a driver whos on not good wages,yes it’s crap money but not why he is doing it,might be on his arse and needs money or just plain stupid.

That said I’m on £9 an hour driving a merc sprinter so make of it what you will.

Pat Hasler:
I am continuously amused by the posts about the disgustingly low pay you are getting :laughing: It’s the fault of anyone who takes those jobs. If I worked back there I would never consider anything less than time and a half after the first 8 hours and double time on Sundays. If the guy is willing to work for crap it’s his choice to do so. It makes him an idiot all the same.
You all need to stand up for yourselves and demand more pay and better conditions, I always when I lived there and much to the shock of my employers over here I still do. The very first driving job I took here was minimum wage, after two weeks I told them I was leaving because the pay was too low, I got a raise on the spot. At St Anna transportation nobody would stand up for what they wanted, they asked me to do so, I did and we got a pay increase. In my present company when senior management wanted to take money away from us I alone stood up and protested, actually contacting the CEO, I got every driver reimbursed with the money we had earned, 2 months later we got a $600 per month pay increase. Stand up for what you deserve, sitting back and saying nothing makes the bosses think you are a push over.

Remind us again, how many days paid holiday do you get in the land of milk and honey?

Norfolkinclue1:

Adonis.:
What’s it got to do with you how much a driver with a different company is paid?

A.

What’s it got to do with you how drivers discuss wages?

Your attempts at incendiary posts are becoming more tiresome and predictable by the day.
Desperate forum [zb] at its best.
Everyone look at me, I’m Adonis and I’m outrageous…yawn.

N.

It’s a forum, numbnuts. :unamused:

Glad I’m under your skin, princess.

A.

Trukkertone:
talking to an artic driver yesterday, he works for a company in the Blackburn area… I won’t name names…
he is on the fantastic wage of , £7.50 for the first 65 hours, and then goes onto an overtime rate…
My first thought was to slap him, but now I feel sorry for him…

Maybe he was winding you up eh.

peterm:

Trukkertone:
talking to an artic driver yesterday, he works for a company in the Blackburn area… I won’t name names…
he is on the fantastic wage of , £7.50 for the first 65 hours, and then goes onto an overtime rate…
My first thought was to slap him, but now I feel sorry for him…

Maybe he was winding you up eh.

That would be my guess. He’d need to average a 13 hour day just to reach 65 hours. I think someones been pulling his ■■■■■■

Must be a reason working for peanuts,maybe he has a Police record and its the only Company that will give him a job and has taken the opportunity to exploit his situation.
I remember back in the 60/70`s there was a company in Coventry,which would be in these days be classed as a tinpot outfit had a few drivers who made themselves scares when ever a police car came in the street.
At least they where given a second or even a third chance for some by the company.

biggriffin:
The reason some people choose to drive trucks for crap money is they are NOT people friendly, they prefer to be on there own, and don’t t interact very well with others, some of us steering wheel nuts/attendee, are very qualified O and A levels, or some I know have 2-2, and are barristers, engineers and even pilots, have chosen this job for its loneliness, and lack of people.

Lets not forget to add the rich eccentrics who don’t actually need the money to that list.

Adonis.:

Norfolkinclue1:

Adonis.:
What’s it got to do with you how much a driver with a different company is paid?

A.

Your attempts at incendiary posts are becoming more tiresome and predictable by the day.

N.

A.

Aww bless, you figured out it’s a forum, good boy. Shame you haven’t worked out that just because it’s a forum it doesn’t mean you’re ok to clog it up with insults and pointless attempts to wind people up, you only stand out as fool to be laughed at.
Oh and it takes way more than you’ve got to “get under my skin”, think you might be flattering yourself lad.
Now run along, I think your mummy might be unbuttoning her top and getting your breakfast out, you’ll need all your energy to put out another hilarious or outrageous post on this forum after you’ve had your nap nap.

Apologies to all on this topic, didn’t mean to take it off topic by replying to this idiot.

Just carry on… not carryfast…

Norfolkinclue1:

Adonis.:

Norfolkinclue1:

Adonis.:

A.

N.

A.

Aww bless, you figured out it’s a forum, good boy. Shame you haven’t worked out that just because it’s a forum it doesn’t mean you’re ok to clog it up with insults and pointless attempts to wind people up, you only stand out as fool to be laughed at.
Oh and it takes way more than you’ve got to “get under my skin”, think you might be flattering yourself lad.
Now run along, I think your mummy might be unbuttoning her top and getting your breakfast out, you’ll need all your energy to put out another hilarious or outrageous post on this forum after you’ve had your nap nap.

Apologies to all on this topic, didn’t mean to take it off topic by replying to this idiot.

Just carry on… not carryfast…

That’s cringeworthy but hey, you’re not bothered a single bit. Nope, not at all.

You can use the block button since I’m so not bothering you at all, it’ll save me getting not under your skin so much, petal.

A.

biggriffin:
The reason some people choose to drive trucks for crap money is they are NOT people friendly, they prefer to be on there own, and don’t t interact very well with others, some of us steering wheel nuts/attendee, are very qualified O and A levels, or some I know have 2-2, and are barristers, engineers and even pilots, have chosen this job for its loneliness, and lack of people.

They don’t choose to drive for crap money, they just choose to drive. If they’re on crap lorry money they could’ve tried harder or maybe other reasons

That’s what happens when someone mentions what driver’s are on a hour you upset many many people because most earn buttons and never admit it and it looks like there is a lot on here in that bracket

James the cat:

biggriffin:

They don’t choose to drive for crap money, they just choose to drive. If they’re on crap lorry money they could’ve tried harder or maybe other reasons

+1. The penny just doesn’t drop for some folk Jim.