Yes another self employed discussion

AndrewG:
EDIT- Big Griffin saw the FH with silver Krone tilt with Karla driving on the M25 junction 21 around 2 weeks ago…

biggriffin:
Did I see, mrsG at about 1300 on M25 21a.

Plain white v4fh, with a plan grey euro-tilt.

A plain white FH4 with a grey curtainsider. Well he obviously threw you a good bone, but in reality that is the most widely used combination in EE international transport ever. He saw a (possibly) female driver of a lorry, that could’ve been a bloke stuck in the hair-rock era, homestead Lviv, Ukraine. Quit grasping at straws.

This fued is…

Overtaking the Vauxhall VX220 internet punch up that took place some years ago.

My money is on Andrew being genuine and Milodon being a grumpy bear.

yourhavingalarf:
This fued is…

Overtaking the Vauxhall VX220 internet punch up that took place some years ago.

My money is on Andrew being genuine and Milodon being a grumpy bear.

I missed that! I’ve had two VX220s ,(I’d post pics, but I don’t know how :wink: ), fantastic cars.

youtu.be/DwM8heB8A3Y there you go madam.

m.a.n rules:
https://youtu.be/DwM8heB8A3Y there you go madam.

Soak up bumps :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . Sent one of the lads with a jiffy bag down to Brum in it once, he said it was like riding a roller skate. It was. You became very adept at avoiding pot holes unless you enjoyed feeling your spine disintegrate. :laughing:

Oh, my!

I drove one of those…once. It had been modified to hill-climb spec.

It was like being dragged up the road on a tin tray.

I had to get out and look to see if it had suspension AT ALL.

GasGas:
Oh, my!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think suspension was an optional extra and you were just like, really girly if you went for it, so no-one did and so they discontinued it.

F’ing loved that car. Once you wound it up to 140, the nose started to lift a bit :open_mouth:

albion:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think suspension was an optional extra and you were just like, really girly if you went for it, so no-one did and so they discontinued it.

F’ing loved that car. Once you wound it up to 140, the nose started to lift a bit :open_mouth:

I assume you mean km/h or am I being naive :laughing:

manski:

albion:

I assume you mean km/h or am I being naive :laughing:

What’s this km you speak of :wink:

albion:

GasGas:
Oh, my!

You’re setting a very bad example Miss A! :grimacing:

TiredAndEmotional:
You’re setting a very bad example Miss A! :grimacing:

Company I keep, T&E :wink:

albion:
Under UK terms, you are self employed Andrew, you have your own truck. I’ve been to RHA conferences, Sat in on transport solicitors seminars and it’s Crystal clear. If you are a driver, to be self emoyed, you have to have a truck. It really is that simple.

And as muscles says, no holiday pay, also no sick pay, no pension, no redundancy and no definite work. If I haven’t gotveork, my drivers still get paid their 8 hours, self employed, there’s no obligation on the ‘customer’ to cover a days pay.

From an employers pov, it’s easier to have self emoyed drivers; all that responsibility I can absolve myself from.

Sooner HMRC have a purge the better.

That means the end for Agencies then?

albion:

muckles:

albion:
Under UK terms, you are self employed Andrew, you have your own truck. I’ve been to RHA conferences, Sat in on transport solicitors seminars and it’s Crystal clear. If you are a driver, to be self emoyed, you have to have a truck. It really is that simple.

I’m not sure if it is that simple, after all what is an agency except a ltd company sending a driver to a company, the agency doesn’t have their own trucks?
So why isn’t a ltd company company driver an agency with only one driver on their books, provided you fulfill the criteria set out by the HMRC?

An agency will have multiple employees and it’s business is to supply temporary workers. I should have been clearer, joys of typing on a mobile phone, if you are a one man self-employed working for one company, you cannot be self-employed, unless you have your own vehicle. If you are self-employed and drive for multiple customers, then you can be self employed.

Most Agencies have at least one driver in the same company all year. Does this mean such an Agency is not operating legally?

Just set up your own Limited company and work under the umbrella of that company. You will be an employee of your own company. Basically Employment with extra benefits of being a shareholder. It’s perfectly legitimate for your limited company to invoice any other company for your services, whatever those services may be.

Although you own and run your own company, you are still an employee of that company as far as HMRC rules are concerned.

Ignore FTA and scour mongers alike, they just protect the ‘big companies’. They like to deduct their drivers IncomeTax & National Insurances every week, keeping drivers on the breadline and scared of change. Just imagine how much Tax & N.I the likes of Stobarts deduct each week. If that was in my bank, I’d bung FTA to protest against self employment.

Honestscott76:
Just set up your own Limited company and work under the umbrella of that company. You will be an employee of your own company. Basically Employment with extra benefits of being a shareholder. It’s perfectly legitimate for your limited company to invoice any other company for your services, whatever those services may be.

Although you own and run your own company, you are still an employee of that company as far as HMRC rules are concerned.

Ignore FTA and scour mongers alike, they just protect the ‘big companies’. They like to deduct their drivers IncomeTax & National Insurances every week, keeping drivers on the breadline and scared of change. Just imagine how much Tax & N.I the likes of Stobarts deduct each week. If that was in my bank, I’d bung FTA to protest against self employment.

Your right honestscott, and I have seen the light. As soon as I finish this post, I’m going to write to my drivers and let them know that I have been a bad boss and from now on they will have the freedom of self-employment via their bright new shiny Ltd company. For just a bit more money, they can sort out their own tax and NI, pension, holiday, sick pay, find alternative work on the days I have none, (sheesh, have I been a mug paying them when it’s quiet), pay for their own work clothes and boots.

It is true, I do enjoy taking deducting tax and NI from their pay. I make payroll send me a breakdown of tax and NI and then they go to the bank withdraw it in cash and pile it on my desk, so I can look at all that money I don’t actually have… Of course now, I can negotiate the finance guys pay down as payroll will no longer be part of his job and the big companies can get rid of the dept that does nothing but payroll, that’ll save a few quid. And all those pesky employment rights that are conferred to an employed person, they won’t be a problem to me at all.

I’ll also explain to my top paid driver, grossed over 48k last year, how he’s on the breadline ( and me, since I didn’t earn that much last year).

Yes it’s a winning idea, I actually would be better off if my drivers went Ltd. I’ll let you know what the lads and lass say. :unamused:

albion:

Honestscott76:

Your right honestscott, and I have seen the light. As soon as I finish this post, I’m going to write to my drivers and let them know that I have been a bad boss and from now on they will have the freedom of self-employment via their bright new shiny Ltd company. For just a bit more money, they can sort out their own tax and NI, pension, holiday, sick pay, find alternative work on the days I have none, (sheesh, have I been a mug paying them when it’s quiet), pay for their own work clothes and boots.

It is true, I do enjoy taking deducting tax and NI from their pay. I make payroll send me a breakdown of tax and NI and then they go to the bank withdraw it in cash and pile it on my desk, so I can look at all that money I don’t actually have… Of course now, I can negotiate the finance guys pay down as payroll will no longer be part of his job and the big companies can get rid of the dept that does nothing but payroll, that’ll save a few quid. And all those pesky employment rights that are conferred to an employed person, they won’t be a problem to me at all.

I’ll also explain to my top paid driver, grossed over 48k last year, how he’s on the breadline ( and me, since I didn’t earn that much last year).

Yes it’s a winning idea, I actually would be better off if my drivers went Ltd. I’ll let you know what the lads and lass say. :unamused:

That’s the best post I’ve read for quite some time…well done !!

Regards. John.

Honestscott76:

That isn’t necessarily true. It depends on whether you fall within or outside of IR35 regulations. If you fall within them, then yes you are treated as an employee in the eyes of HMRC
If you fall outside of IR35, then you are treated as a Limited Company in the eyes of the HMRC, then tax gets a bit more interesting and you can start claming back mileage and other company costs etc.

If your company has more than 1 customer in a 12 month period, then it is very likely you will fall outside of IR35 regulations. So sign up and do 1 day’s work with an agency each year to your normal work and you’re good. There are other ofcourse other measures but the water begins to get a bit murky.

It used to be, to fall outside of IR35, the contract would state you need to be able to provide a replacement worker if you are off sick/unavailable for work etc - Time might have moved on since then.

AndrewG:

toonsy:
Seriously man you need to get over this thing you’ve got with Andrew. Resurrecting a four month old thread to have a pop. Doesn’t look a bit sad at all :unamused:

He cant get over it mate. This thing he has with me has bit him in the arse big time .
Its over 20 years ago i sold him a duff (according to him) F12. I wont go into the details again but he lost a case brought against me and its eaten him up since. Every so often he’ll pick up on a thread just to nit pik.
Trying to put doubt in the minds of other members of this forum is the way miloden works in a bid to slate me in some sad way…saying my wife Karla doesnt exist is another one. What he forgets is the fact i know his kids must now be in their thirties yet he posts on his ‘diary’ pictures of children in ‘his’ truck images of 5 to 7 year olds which are not his…pot/kettle ect.
The BS we have both had to put up with even off this forum with abusive emails and letters over the years has been unreal but we’ve put it down to dealing with someone who isnt of sound mind. The problem is, Karla, although pretty fiery and resilient, at one point in this vendetta against us had to rely on medication for depression such was the torrent of abuse.
What with being in different countries an injunction had no real standing either and so it continued but moving address a few years ago and changing email finally stopped it. Sadly this guy still follows me around… :unamused: Karla sometimes used to frequent this form but now has refrain as she doesnt want to read anything miloden posts or even me mention his name now.
As for certain posters who insist on pictures for proof of a life, when im up to it, ill get down to the yard hook up a Krone or VanHool to the (imaginary 16) pull the outfit down the road out of the way and post up the required evidence complete with blondie in tow…

PS-as this guy is on block i cant read anything he posts, it will only appear if someone else quotes.

EDIT- Big Griffin saw the FH with silver Krone tilt with Karla driving on the M25 junction 21 around 2 weeks ago…

This is all very interesting reading, but I’m struggling to see any connection with the topic.

Thread resurrection isn’t such a crime, but in this case the intent is clear, so here’s a 2p worth…

AndrewG and milodon clearly have some ‘history,’ so without getting involved in the rights and wrongs of whatever did/didn’t happen or who said what to whom, or even who started it…

It’s nobody else’s business, so to AndrewG and milodon equally, my polite request is… PLEASE don’t use the publicly viewable forums of TN as a vehicle for broadcasting your bickering and the public airing of your differences, because that’s NOT what the forums are for.

If my request doesn’t result in what I’ve politely asked for, then I’ll have to come up with another way to achieve it, but let’s not go there eh? :wink:

Said in a short form… it ends NOW, so those holding their jumpers for them while they fight can now give them back. :smiley:

Holding handbags here Dave… :wink:

No problem here Dave, both myself & Karla are done and dusted with it.
Oh…i dont wear jumpers, it was the handbag ill have back though… :grimacing: