Who pays best in the north west?

andy12:
58 grand for driving a truck lmao I want some of what hes been smoking lol

Why do many drivers mock the few who dare post what can be earned? I’ll let you do the calculations but my last quarterly VAT payment was £1361. I’m on the flat rate scheme so only charge VAT and do not claim it. If you know everything about everything then from that figure you should be able to deduce what I will earn this year. I have still not had my challenge accepted and offer it to you if you are willing to accept. Bet me a grand that I can’t prove I earn over a grand a week, oh and I don’t tramp either.

Tossco Middlewich :grimacing:

I don’t tell lies and I don’t post crap I know nothing about. The op asked a question and I answered it honestly. Suttons yard is opposite ours and I know a few of their drivers and yes some of them are on £60k. 2 miles up the road is the jaguar factory and some of their transporter drivers, on the old ford contracts earn over £80k, and like our place they don’t advertise and you ideally need to be nominated by a family member already working there to stand any chance of getting in. My old man has worked here 30 years. So to some of the posters on this thread, put your heads back in the sand and crack on

I’m told one of the best round here is H Parkinson Haulage doing mainly loo roll. Not an easy one to get into though.

Well that question certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons! It gave me loads of info though. Thanks again

I can see how a driver can earn 58k. If I worked 84 hours one week I would earn about 995 with no nights out. I only work about 44 hours though.

If I maxed out I’d be on 60k plus so don’t thinks its impossible.

Oh, and that’s home every night.

If we tramped (we don’t of course), it’d be closer to 67k…

If you work for a company that pays a good base hourly rate (£12ph in this case) and the appropriate overtime rates (time and a half after 40 hrs or similar) plus any weekend premiums then the figures quoted by madiganzo are achievable for maxed out hours if you do the maths, if you include night out money.

I think the reason so many people are shocked by these figures, is because gigs that allow you to take home this sort of money are generally kept hush hush by the people doing them.

Drivers do come out with some serious bullshine maybe thats why I am sceptical about these figures, Youve got more chance of winning the lottery than getting one of these top jobs anyway, especially if you dont know anyone who works there.

To the poster who offered to prove how much he earns get a grip eh.

If these wages are true (I don’t believe they are ),why is it that companies paying their drivers £7.50 ph and only overtime after 55 hrs keep going bust beacase they can pay there bills ■■?

Reckon I could get over £70k if I maxed hours, looted the safe and gave the MD a quick tug in the smoke shelter … :open_mouth:

Keep maxing chaps, I will toil on through my 40 + 3 hours O/T :grimacing:

If you can earn that kind of dough in north west,the lads down south must be on 80k !

THE FIN103:
If you can earn that kind of dough in north west,the lads down south must be on 80k !

I wouldn’t get out of bed for £80k :wink:

my boss is a ex brenntag manager ill ask him tommorow about this

nick172sport:

This should be interesting.

TTX boy:
If these wages are true (I don’t believe they are ),why is it that companies paying their drivers £7.50 ph and only overtime after 55 hrs keep going bust beacase they can pay there bills ■■?

Because they aren’t making enough money to begin with, a lot of transport companies are joke businesses who make very little profit or trade at a loss. The drivers wage is one of the few costs they can cut.

If you drive for a firm that manufactures something then you have more chance of getting paid a decent wage.

rob22888:

nick172sport:

This should be interesting.

Not really, I believe the bloke.

So you can make a grand a week by being owned by the wagon, so what? I’m doing 71 hours a week at the moment, it ain’t much of a life is it?

andy12:
Drivers do come out with some serious bullshine maybe thats why I am sceptical about these figures, Youve got more chance of winning the lottery than getting one of these top jobs anyway, especially if you dont know anyone who works there.

To the poster who offered to prove how much he earns get a grip eh.

I offered to prove that I earn more than a grand per week to any ■■■■■■■■ who says it is not possible. I offer this on proviso that said ■■■■■■■■ pay me a grand upon seeing such proof. I will not disclose where and who I work for or with. I will show invoices and bank statements proving that the invoice has been paid into my account.
The thing is as a paye driver you will not see these figures, ever! you need to be self employed and know where the money is to be earned with the companies offering the hours to make such figures.

Just because YOU do not earn this amount of money does not mean that others do not. I know of at least 2 other members on here that regularly bust a grand per week but all the thick doubters can do is call them liars. Proves why drivers earn minimum wage really when you read some of the comments in this thread.

How much you offering to measure ■■■■■.

spectron:
How much you offering to measure ■■■■■.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: