Re locating to Chester/Wrexham, any work about?

Will be relocating to Chester/Wrexham area later on this year thanks to wifes promotion at work.

Any decent agency’s about, or firms, dont want journey work, and agency will be more flexible for me…

Thanks
Coddy

Hi Coddy, works a bit quiet round here at the moment, try Proactive in Chester or Brighter Prospects in Ellesmere Port.

I think McCarthys in Wrexham were advertising a few weeks ago dont know about now.

How far away do you want to look
Bougheys at Wardle (between Tarporley and Nantwich) have been in papers recently and with the numbewr of drivers they’ve got there is always a certain amount of turnover

If you are after tipper work (artics) try Pembertons (always lookin for drivers), Cheshire based, E.Nixons are Chester based too. I don’t think either do night out but Ive got no idea of pay and conditions for either.

Someone else said McCarthys and they are a good shout. Lloyds of Penley are on Wrexham Ind Est but might do distance type work.

hammer:
If you are after tipper work (artics) try Pembertons (always lookin for drivers), Cheshire based,

Pembertons are on the Wirral side of Chester i think , they have 0151 (Merseyside) phone number on the trucks. I know a couple of drivers on there they seem to like it one has been on for a while.
All tipper work mostly local from Liverpool docks to feed mills I think

hammer:
If you are after tipper work (artics) try Pembertons (always lookin for drivers), Cheshire based, E.Nixons are Chester based too. I don’t think either do night out but Ive got no idea of pay and conditions for either.

Someone else said McCarthys and they are a good shout. Lloyds of Penley are on Wrexham Ind Est but might do distance type work.

Lloyds only now do shunt work into there warehousing on Wrexham ind est,
Deeside is there longest run,
You`ll take home £275 for mon/fri days 7am to 5pm or £330 on nights

Last time i spoke to a McCarthys driver he said it was £400 before stopages on 4 on 4 off and it was upto you if it was days or nights the money was the same.

Gwynedd Shipping have just had a load of new motors
and i know two lads run one motor on days/nights and they`ve outbased the wagon in Wrexham for them,
from talking with some of there drivers i think that everyone is on a different rate of pay to each other :unamused:

Thanks for the replies…

McCarthys? Is that the firm that was frank McCarthys at one time, did some traction for him many years ago, if its the same outfit, used to do work out of Metal Box, usually in 16’ curtainsiders…

Am hoping for a sort of semi retirement once we move, hence the agency side of things, am an OD at the mo, but cant take the truck with me as its on a Lease contract on ready mix concrete, plus work is dying big time in construction, so its a good time to quit methinks.

Wonder if hansons need an OD tipper man?? :unamused:

You could try Quinn Glass, they advertised about 3 months ago for day drivers, based near jcn 14 M56 close to stanlow, £8.40 an hour if i remember correctly, don’t know anything about the company though but you see them about quite a bit pulling tippers, taughts and powder tanks

Try this, you might fit in nicely.

karen or dave @ phoenix recruitment 133 brook st chester ch13du 01244 350333

try www.meljonesandsontransport.co.uk