Who goes where W/C Mon 05/07/04

You are legally entitled to a minimum of 4 weeks holiday, that is 20 or 24 days depending on whether you work a five or six day week. However this also include the 8 bank holidays. Exactly when this entitlement starts I’m not sure. Might be worth talking to the CAB or a Union. :wink:

muckles:
You are legally entitled to a minimum of 4 weeks holiday, that is 20 or 24 days depending on whether you work a five or six day week. However this also include the 8 bank holidays. Exactly when this entitlement starts I’m not sure. Might be worth talking to the CAB or a Union. :wink:

I agree

I also can add that the 20 days you are legally entitled to is pro-rata from the 1st whole day worked! some EU rules arn’t too bad! :smiley:

Rob…a legal minimum amount of paid holiday is one of the good parts of the Working Time Directive! :grimacing:

Under the Horizontal Amending Directive (which came in on August 1st 2003) all employees, us included, have a legal right to a minimum of 20 days a year paid holiday once they’ve done 13 weeks continuous work for a company.

That 20 days can include Bank Holidays if the company chooses, and is payable pro-rata…so if you’ve been there 6 months you are due 10 days, 3 months it’s 5 days, and so on…

Companies can choose to give you more than this, but not less!!! :grimacing:

Hope that helps…you can find the thread with the details in the FAQ Forum HERE, although they are badly in need of updating since much of the legislation is now either already in force, or not far off it and subject to new interpretations…so that’s next weekend’s job then! :unamused: :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

muckles:
Might be worth talking to the CAB or a Union. :wink:

Or just wait for the next reply on the subject. :laughing: :wink:

LucyR:
Rob…a legal minimum amount of paid holiday is one of the good parts of the Working Time Directive! :grimacing:

Under the Horizontal Amending Directive (which came in on August 1st 2003) all employees, us included, have a legal right to a minimum of 20 days a year paid holiday once they’ve done 13 weeks continuous work for a company.

That 20 days can include Bank Holidays if the company chooses, and is payable pro-rata…so if you’ve been there 6 months you are due 10 days, 3 months it’s 5 days, and so on…

Companies can choose to give you more than this, but not less!!! :grimacing:

Hope that helps…you can find the thread with the details in the FAQ Forum HERE, although they are badly in need of updating since much of the legislation is now either already in force, or not far off it and subject to new interpretations…so that’s next weekend’s job then! :unamused: :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Right, so I’ve worked 4 Bank Holidays since starting on 1/3/04 and finishing 2/7/04 (if Good Friday is classed as a BH), I’ve taken no days off and had no sick days so how many days holiday am I legally entitled to :question:

You have left the company, they are under no obligation to pay any holiday owed to you.
In the months you have been there tho, you would ave earnt 6.4 days holiday :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Back to the office today after a fun filled SUnday morning doing Morrison deliveres