Which Union should I join?

Wheel Nut:
Albion I understand what you mean about the man from the ministry wandering in. I can remember when they popped in for a cup of tea and get any juicy gossip. These days they only seem to come in all guns blazing once they have their evidence.

We used to have a great guy from the VI as it was back then. Ring him up and ask him a question (as long as it wasn’t too basic!), he came by had a cup of tea, checked a few things and basically was an experienced enough guy to see the difference between a well run firm and a cowboy oufit. Now it’s all digital, everything is an absolute. Wearing!

albion:

Wheel Nut:
Albion I understand what you mean about the man from the ministry wandering in. I can remember when they popped in for a cup of tea and get any juicy gossip. These days they only seem to come in all guns blazing once they have their evidence.

We used to have a great guy from the VI as it was back then. Ring him up and ask him a question (as long as it wasn’t too basic!), he came by had a cup of tea, checked a few things and basically was an experienced enough guy to see the difference between a well run firm and a cowboy oufit. Now it’s all digital, everything is an absolute. Wearing!

An old boss who is now retired went to school with the local ministry woman, he always joked she was still after him for twanging her knicker elastic in PE [emoji12]

vikingpete:
I’m not a big union man, but as they negotiate a pay rise for me I feel it’s work being in. Also the op says he is on crew report, wtf is that?

OP says that Crew Report is when someone complains about you, or the other guy, in the two man team (they call us “Teams”, so why “Crew Report”? you’re working with that day.
Got that sorted last night at end of shift, 21:30.
VERY informal ( I wore shorts and a Hawaiian shirt :smiley: )

Yep, irate customer, just like I told you on the phone last night, Sammy.

We made a hole in his 2 mm rubber floor covering while manoeuvring the fridge/freezer. :open_mouth: .
He went loopy (in a VERY over top kind of way), we apologised, took photos, told him Customer Services would be in touch, compensation, etc etc.
All done.

More worrying is me driving off this morning, after a frantic loading, checking, session, without putting me card in :open_mouth:
2 miles down the road, realised, pulled over, did a printout, put in necessary manual stuff, cracked on.
DId another printout at end of shift.
I fully expect to get party invitation from the Compliance lady on Wednesday when I go back in.
My wallet has now got 4 printouts in it that I need to keep, obvs, for 29 days each! I need a bigger wallet.