Which Northern Irish/Irish firms have the most tangs?

possibly that would be based on the logic of…any enemy of my enemy is my friend…thats how it worked in ww2 anyway?

New business opportunities for Tang Trucker? Smuggling contraband without getting seasick !

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Carryfast:
Let’s get this right you want Brits to give up their jobs to cheaper East Euro competition to give the customer lower rates.So how does that fit in with calls for rate rises across the industry and an end to race to the bottom economics to improve terms and conditions for drivers ?.Or for that matter fit the description of Brit jobs for Brit workers.

Also why does it need to be a taxed base ‘re alignment’ of the trading environment as opposed to a quota based one ?.In which case which international regulations would stop us doing that bearing in mind the example of Mexico’s restrictions on access to the North American transport market even under NAFTA ?.

I was addressing a suggestion from AndrewG about taxing foreign trucks entering the UK. That’s why tax was mentioned.
I’m not happy about cheap foreign hauliers either. It affects my job and me personally as much most on here.
My point is Brexit will not really improve the situation! It’s being sold as a cure all. A way to turn the clock back to the 1960s when we still traded with the Commonwealth and still had a manufacturing industry. Sorry, but it ain’t gonna happen.
There are problems with Globalisation. Massive problems, and I think we’re better inside a strong trading group like the EU than as a small independent trading country. The EU isn’t perfect but it’s better to be in it than out of it. We’re better trading with them rather than competing against Japanese and Korean cars and electronics. Do we want to complete against Chinese Mexican and Indian labour rates? These are are competition in the outside world.
There won’t be any containers moving anywhere if we can’t export on the world market, and no imports if we can’t afford them.
Others agree and disagree for all sorts of reasons, some economic some political, but putting that aside the fact that Europe has Not had a War for 70 years is a strong argument in it’s favour too.

Yes and I made the point that it doesn’t have to be tax based it can be quota based.

You do realise that as an EU member state we’re still flooded with far Eastern imports regardless.Let alone the irony of remainers using the scare tactic that Honda will stop its local assembly operations here,which are obviously all about Japan circumventing what little trade barriers the EU puts up against far Eastern imports.Then move them to an EU state.Then saying the exact opposite that the EU supposedly ‘protects’ us from Far Eastern competition when it suits them.While it’s obvious that our truck manufacturing industry has been crippled in large part by EU type approval ending local production of US engines and drivelines and the usual situation that we buy loads of EU stuff but they don’t buy ours.In addition to the wholesale transfer of UK industry to Germany and/or later East Euro.

Then last but not least the issue and problems caused by the race to the bottom single transport market which kicked off the side discussion,which we obviously can’t fix while we’re a member of the EU or even EEA.

So as I said what’s wrong with us imposing quota permits,regarding the international transport market,in addition to stopping all third country operations and cabotage and how do we do that without leaving the EU and exactly what rules would stop us doing that if/when we leave.IE returning us to our previous non EU member state status is a lot better than what we’ve got.

As for the EU stopping wars just about every war that has been fought in Europe has rightly been about the defence of its nation states against foreign expansionist Federal takeover in whatever form.There’s not much point in that if we’re now going to throw all that away by saying that we have to be ruled by bleedin Germany etc to keep the supposed peace.Especially when it’s clear that under that premise the next war in Europe will very likely be a war of secession in which Brits have to try,probably unsuccessfully,to liberate their country from foreign federal rule imposed by an EU federal army.Also possibly including civil war among our own involving secessionist ( rebels ) v pro EU ( loyalists ).Let me guess you think it’s better to condemn future generations of Brits to that. :unamused:

dieseldog999:
itl only be the tangs from northern ireland that will be affected…they paddys wont give a monkeys as they will still be in europe.
how about adding that one to the mix.

Sure the story goes they were born in North Armagh!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

biggriffin:
What the F, has north Korea and Mexico got to do with, super Hampton, R730 driving boyo’s.

Just listen to the pipes, while keeping 'er flat.

:laughing: partly my fault the thread has gone pete tong with suggestion of the UK having its fair share of the cake, i shouldnt have mentioned anything.
I agree, brexit or no brexit, keep those tang R730’s flat to the floor…with the frillies half over the side windows of course… :grimacing:

Franglais:
New business opportunities for Tang Trucker? Smuggling contraband without getting seasick !

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

No new opportunities, as it has never gone away, will just be bigger opportunities post Brexit :wink:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:
itl only be the tangs from northern ireland that will be affected…they paddys wont give a monkeys as they will still be in europe.

sure its only the ones living here that know the difference.ni or paddy plates…we are all the same to the uninitiated when were taking the mirrrors off of them at 65+ :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

sure its only the ones living here that know the difference.ni or paddy plates…we are all the same to the uninitiated when were taking the mirrrors off of them at 65+ :smiley:

Mate no1 Tang R560 was up@ Lincoln court last month 68mph past the 60mph camera heading North across road from Brakes Grantham A1!!![emoji50][emoji850][emoji29][emoji24]

AndrewG:
brexit or no brexit, keep those tang R730’s flat to the floor…with the frillies half over the side windows of course… :grimacing:

Brexit spec 730 with an 18 speed Fuller,tacho delete and no need for a speed limiter. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

just a normal day at the office then…hope he gets a nice judge on a good day.

Carryfast:
the next war in Europe will very likely be a war of secession in which Brits have to try,probably unsuccessfully,to liberate their country from foreign federal rule imposed by an EU federal army.Also possibly including civil war among our own involving secessionist ( rebels ) v pro EU ( loyalists ).Let me guess you think it’s better to condemn future generations of Brits to that. :unamused:

Posted without comment

dieseldog999:

6 points £160 fine.
Solicitor cost BIG money though as claimed “hardship”.
12 points total STILL driving!!![emoji20]

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Mate no1 Tang R560 was up@ Lincoln court last month 68mph past the 60mph camera heading North across road from Brakes Grantham A1!!![emoji50][emoji850][emoji29][emoji24]

Tarrants? My limiters on 100kph, ill catch their R560’s on the hills but on the flat theyre 110+ and :arrow_right:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

6 points £160 fine.
Solicitor cost BIG money though as claimed “hardship”.
12 points total STILL driving!!![emoji20]

should have obtained an irish licence and let them try to put points on that.

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

That camera is on a downhill stretch, you can go thr it at 100k’s no bother, Ya man must have had it lit, from the water tower, all the way, lucky it was only 68mph.

biggriffin:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

That camera is on a downhill stretch, you can go thr it at 100k’s no bother, Ya man must have had it lit, from the water tower, all the way, lucky it was only 68mph.

Lucky she wasn’t in TOP more like!!![emoji3]

if he was only doing 68 through the camera then he must have been holding her back so as not to attract attention to himself.

it could have been worse if he was doing it like this…

youtube.com/watch?v=kVGdPNAJxFQ

or was he■■?

dieseldog999:
if he was only doing 68 through the camera then he must have been holding her back so as not to attract attention to himself.

it could have been worse if he was doing it like this…

youtube.com/watch?v=kVGdPNAJxFQ

or was he■■?

images.jpgWas he wearing these

i think they must have been super duper hamptons.
imagine getting a blowout just as he was passing the van,the consequences could have been disasterous.
at least he never went back and set fire to the van as is the norm over here… :smiley: