Where ? Solved Martin

A nice September evening actually.
The ferris wheel is not a permanent structure.

Looks a lot like Cochem in the Mosel valley. If not there it is certainly on one of the “great” rivers.

the maoster:
Looks a lot like Cochem in the Mosel valley. If not there it is certainly on one of the “great” rivers.

You`ve got the correct river straight off.

Thought it wasn’t mountainous (is that even a word?) for Cochem so I’m guessing further downstream towards Koblenz. So I’m gonna guess at Treis. If it isn’t there I’m not playing anymore.

the maoster:
Thought it wasn’t mountainous (is that even a word?) for Cochem so I’m guessing further downstream towards Koblenz. So I’m gonna guess at Treis. If it isn’t there I’m not playing anymore.

Try a U turn.

Bernkastel-Kues on the Mosel. Long time since I cruised that way but it has not changed much.

Martin:
Bernkastel-Kues on the Mosel. Long time since I cruised that way but it has not changed much.

Yep. You`ve got it. :smiley:

Its a lovely part of Europe, but they must have to import Sherpas to pick the grape harvest. Some of the vineyards are incredibly steep.

Old John:
Its a lovely part of Europe, but they must have to import Sherpas to pick the grape harvest. Some of the vineyards are incredibly steep.

Have you seen the little monorails they have in some places? Certainly not all automated by a loong chalk, but a little bit of the work is mechanized now. Very steep as you say.
winemag.com/2017/10/30/gett … st-part-2/

Franglais:

Old John:

Have you seen the little monorails they have in some places? Certainly not all automated by a loong chalk, but a little bit of the work is mechanized now. Very steep as you say.
winemag.com/2017/10/30/gett … st-part-2/

No, I havent seen these. I’ve not been in the area for maybe ten years. They did also have some very old tractors working around the area. Some single and twin cylinder jobs. Really well kept. They maybe only worked for a few weeks every year.